HeadlineConcert in the park on dvd?

Page: [1] [2] [3]

AuthorComment

Mattias
Dec-09-2006, 14:08 GMT
IP:
Sweden

Hi All!

I was wondering if it is possible to get the 1991 Concert In The Park on dvd? I have looked at some web sites but they only seem to have it on vhs. Anyone know?

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1865 ]

miriam
Dec-09-2006, 17:56 GMT
IP:
Germany

It hasn´t been released on DVD yet :-(

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1863 ]

nancy
Dec-09-2006, 21:26 GMT
IP:
USA - United Staates America

It is fabulous-I wish it would be released on DVD. Also I would like the "Born At The Right Time" documentary to be released on DVD. I wonder what is taking so much time?

Micky
Dec-09-2006, 22:12 GMT
IP:

I agree with all of the above. There isn´t enough of Paul´s stuff on DVD. I´d also like to see the film One-Trick Pony on DVD and maybe some of his older concerts from the 70s.

Richard
Dec-10-2006, 18:20 GMT
IP:
France

Hi
If you want I have this concert on 2 DVD ( excellent quality ) because it´s a laser disc transfert.
If you are interesting sen me an email
[email protected]

Mattuas
Dec-13-2006, 21:36 GMT
IP:
Sweden

Ok, thanks all for the answears! It´s really a shame that it hasn´t been realeased on dvd yet, but hopefully it will happen in the future.

Ron
May-31-2016, 13:45 GMT
Germany

Hi Richard,

I found this old message of yours on paul-simon.info while searching the forum for the old Concert in The Park Video on DVD.
Do you still have that Laserdisc transfer on DVD?

Thank you!

Ron from Germany

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1791 ]

Ron
May-31-2016, 13:47 GMT
Germany

ups, this should have been a private message to Richard, but I can't rech him. If anyone can help regarding the DVD I'd really appreciate that! Thanks, Ron

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1789 ]

Klausi
May-31-2016, 14:27 GMT
Germany

Hi Mattuas,

I doubt it. It was realeased as CD and not a big success.
The CD is a shortened version (without Cecilia, second time You can call me Al etc.).

I saw the concert live on TV "Premiere" in Germany and recorded it on VHS-Video in full. But the Quality is far away from todays TV-Standards.

[Like] 1 Nick Nick
[Reply] - [Readers: 1774 ]

Nick
Jun-02-2016, 16:48 GMT
United Kingdom

I have the cassette version of the original concert double album and it features Cecilia and the vhs concert which does not have Cecilia I found out the reason the song is not on video is so am told Paul trips and or stumbles so did not want that on film.

Incidently the Simon and Garfunkel Reunion of 1981 also has a song missing. The Lae Great Johnny Ace is only on the video and DVD not the cd version this was because of the intruder running on the stage. Oh and the encore of Late In The Evening is not on cd.

Finally Paul's solo concert in the park not on DVD we have previously discussed on the forum this and Bodo is running a campaign to petition to get a DVD of this see box to right of screen at bottom.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1655 ]

Håkan
Jun-03-2016, 10:03 GMT

My guees is that the reason for NOT including "The Late Great Johnny Ace" on the Central Park 2-LP was that the studio version of the song hadn't been released yet at that time (1982). It makes no sense NOT to include the song on the Central Park album because of the intruder (they could easily have edited his disturbance) and furthermore they INCLUDED the song in the video of concert in spite of the intruder. With any logic they would have deleted the song from the video instead of from the album.

I was at the solo Central Park concert in 1991 and Simon indeed stumbled during Cecilia, but that could easily have been fixed in the editing room by inserting a shot of the audience for instance.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1591 ]

Ron
Jun-17-2016, 10:25 GMT
Germany

So far someone offered me a VHS-copy.
Does anyone have the 2-DVD from Laserdisc of the 1991-Show and would help me?
PLEASE :-)

thanks
Ron

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1494 ]

Håkan
Jun-17-2016, 12:38 GMT

Apparently, "The Coast" is not on the laserdisc edition (and also not "Cecilia")

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1468 ]

Håkan
Jun-17-2016, 13:00 GMT

Looks like you can by the Laserdisc version here:
http://www.lddb.com/laserdisc/shop/08864/38277-6/Paul-Simon:-Concert-in-the-Park
and here:
http://www.lddb.com/laserdisc/shop/41475/7599-38277-6/Paul-Simon:-Concert-in-the-Park

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1465 ]

Ron
Jun-17-2016, 13:22 GMT
Germany

no no, Hakan, I'm looking for the DVD-version of it, for which the source was the Laserdisc...
thanks
Ron

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1456 ]

Page: [1] [2] [3]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread