Bottom

HeadlineI´ll add an extra round to the quiz

Page: [1]

AuthorComment

Bodo 
Nov-18-2003, 11:09 GMT
IP:
Unknown

I think the quiz is loved by a lot of people here on this site and so I want to add some extra bonus rounds.
I thought of making 1 extra round at the end for players who answerd all 21 questions right.(or maybe 1 error?)
Then you get another 10 seconds time and a maximum of 6 questions. You should answer these 6 questions in 10 seconds then and get a lot of extra points. (These questions will be loaded at 1 time, so there is really no pause between the questions) [I hope that works..]
To make it harder the buttons and the field with the question will ´flash´ in the colors of the timebar.
What do you think about that idea?
Or any other suggestions?

Maybe 21 questions is too much or?
I thought of making a puzzle.question for 1 or 2 times between the other question to make it more funny... but for that I would need a lot of different pictures of persons related to Paul you could recognyze easely...hm..there are not so many persons or?

Use SEND to share on Facebook or A.M.P.S

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 307 ]

Julie
Nov-18-2003, 15:56 GMT
IP:
Unknown

I never get them all right and quite often my computer has a hiccup when I do the quiz and tells me my connection isn´t fast enough

Bodo
Nov-18-2003, 16:35 GMT
IP:
Unknown

Do you have a modem Julie? (56k) ?

Well, it´s not really true that you have a connection problem, this is a security check from my programm. I try to prevent that anyone will manipulate the time, so I check back the time between sending and receiving the question/answer If this time is bigger than 21 seconds (10 seconds for the question + 11 sections to transfer) I say that you are manipulating *g*

But I think I have to find another way... maybe also no one is manipulating the quiz, who knows. (Well I never reached the 36.000 points like others do, I don´t have a clue what they are doing - they sometimes answer a question in 0.3 seconds...)

Bodo
Nov-18-2003, 16:38 GMT
IP:
Unknown

I will not tell you...they are using a trick (very good trick) to get fast answering times...

I´ll work on that problem now, think I can solve it (sorry I don´t want to tell you)

Bodo 
Nov-19-2003, 10:25 GMT
IP:
Unknown

I think I´ve solved that problem now... let´s see how much points the people will get in the future ;-)

I can let you know now how it worked:
When a new question comes onto the screen then click on ´Extras´ and ´Internet Options´ very fast after you see all answers. Internet Explorer is very stupid, it stopps everything then - also the time counter of the quiz. You can read the question now for a few seconds, then position the mouse onto the button of the right answer and push ENTER (to close the options menu) and onto your mouse BUTTON very fast.
Then you managed to answer an question in 0,6 or 0,3 seconds, because you only need this time to see all answers and open the options menu.
(but you had to answer the question in the first 5 seconds, because after 5 seconds I made a synchronization check)

However, this trick would still work BUT now I calculate the exact time you need to answer in a second stepp (not a counter, the real time) and so later you will get a CONNECTION PROBLEM Error and 0 points :-)

Page: [1]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread