www.paul-simon.info 
The neck of my Guitar

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread

Bottom

HeadlineOff-Topic: PINK FLOYD REUNITED !!!

Page: [1]

AuthorComment

Kuno 
Nov-15-2003, 01:39 GMT
IP:
Unknown

Hi all

Just want to say that Pink Floyd and Roger Waters played two songs at the funeral of their Old-time manager who recently passed away.

This was the first time they (Waters and Floyd) played together since the last Wall-concert in 81 !!!

Unfortunately, the reason for this reunion is very sad, but we all saw that it IS possible. Let´s hope they do another thing together !

For all people that are no Pink Floyd fan...this reunion is about ten times bigger than the Simon/Garfunkel reunion (don´t kill me for that).

BTW: The break-up between Roger Waters and the rest of Pink Floyd is, in a certain way, the same as the break-up(s) between Simon and Garfunkel:

Roger and Paul are both the "geniuses" of the bands. They wrote all the lyrics. After the break-up, Roger and Paul both toured solo and played their old hits in a different style then in the early years.

We all know now how nice it is to see our heroes reunited on stage...let´s just hope that Pink Floyd will do the same on another tour (or at least on one free concert in central park ;o) )

Use SEND to share on Facebook or A.M.P.S

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 497 ]

Bodo
Nov-15-2003, 02:04 GMT
IP:
Unknown

How could http://www.kartenhaus.de know about that?

10 Times Bigger Kuno?
Well..we will rate that on the ticket prices and how fast they sell out okay?
250$ are to top.

Kuno
Nov-15-2003, 11:53 GMT
IP:
Unknown

...and Kartenhaus.de is announcing the tour for years now...i guess they don´t know anything.

10 Times bigger....I just mean, that this reunion (which never took place when the manager wouldn´t have die) was soooo unexpected...it´s a miracle !
Unfortunately a tour of all four floydians is not planned, because they all have their solo-stuff...waters and gilmour are both in process to release a new solo-album...

Believe me, if they are going to tour, the tickets will be sold out after seconds !
..and 250$ may be the price for one t-shirt (at least laminated) :o)

OH MY GOD ! next year could be the year of my life....if i saw Pink Floyd and Simon and Garfunkel...then i saw everything that i always wanted to see...after that, i can die peacefully...

Sorry that i am so excited, but this is just great !

Lovisa 
Nov-15-2003, 11:56 GMT
IP:
Unknown

this reunion is about ten times bigger than the Simon/Garfunkel reunion (don´t kill me for that).

well.. we might just have to...

Floyd ain´t got nothing on S&G

Jimmie
Nov-15-2003, 11:57 GMT
IP:
Unknown

"10 Times bigger....I just mean, that this reunion (which never took place when the manager wouldn´t have die) was soooo unexpected...it´s a miracle !"

I´d say that the S&G reunion was very unexpected as well. As late as a year ago Simon stated that S&G would NEVER reunite.

Kuno 
Nov-15-2003, 16:12 GMT
IP:
Unknown

...the two leaders of Pink Floyd haven´t talked a word to eachother for more than 20 years !

Considering that S/G already reunited before, the Floyd-reunion was a little more unexpected than a(nother) S/G reunion.

I guess they won´t tour anyway, they just played two songs at the funeral (i wish they played on my funeral...though i´d prefer in this case S/G with ´A Most Peculiar Man´ or so.. ;o))

So actually the S/G-Reunion is ten times bigger, because the Floyd-Reunion is actually not a really reunion !

I will switch my opinion again when Floyd are on tour, but until then, the S/G-reunion means more to me, okay ?

I hope you all like me again :o)

Bodo
Nov-15-2003, 18:33 GMT
IP:
Unknown

in the early - mid 90´s ...

And didn´t they release another live album from these tours, and a studio album?

IMO Pink Floyd wasn´t so long away than S&G, and not so definately.

miriam
Nov-15-2003, 19:28 GMT
IP:
Unknown

"Roger and Paul are both the ´geniuses´ of the bands. They wrote all the lyrics. After the break-up, Roger and Paul both toured solo and played their Old hits in a different style then in the early years. "

Yes but our Paul was a LOT more successful going solo than poor Roger with his superhuman ego...
I mean I respect Roger, and he´s very talented, but somehow I´ve never really liked him. It wouldn´t mean anything to me if he went on tour with the others again. I´d much more prefer a new album of David, Rick and Nick...I just Love The Division Bell.

Kuno
Nov-15-2003, 20:30 GMT
IP:
Unknown

@Bodo: You are right, while Waters were producing solo-albums after the breakup, the rest of Pink Floyd kept touring and producing albums under the name "pink floyd". They played about the same songs as Waters in his shows, but actually 80% of the songs are Waters-Songs (as Art sings a lot of Simon songs in his solo tour). So, Pink Floyd was not really away, but the brain behind Pink Floyd was away... though the Floyd-albums without waters are wonderful, i miss the intellectual lyrics of Waters.

@Miriam: I like both (Waters and the rest of Floyd) in a different way. The sound, especially the guitars, is the best sound that exists. Division Bell is one of my favourite albums. But the real challenge is to hear and understand albums like "The Wall" and "Amused To Death" (Soloalbum Waters).
The combination of these lyrics and the sound is exactly what makes Pink Floyd that great.

miriam
Nov-16-2003, 13:38 GMT
IP:
Unknown

Hey PF fans,
I´ve just received this newsletter from the webmaster of "A Fleetong Glimpse" claiming that the reunion rumours were untrue:

Hi All

Well what a crazy weekend. Pink Floyd & Roger Waters web sites all over the net are pulling down the news that Roger reunited with the other guys for 2 songs at Steve O´Rourke´s funeral.

The main stream media have been contacting trying to find out what is going on and online stories still circulating claiming that Roger did show up!

Here´s the truth as we know it. It seems that Roger Waters did not even attend the funeral but his Manager Mark Fenwick was thought to have been in attendance.

Fat Old Sun was in fact performed by David Gilmour and for Great Gig In the sky he was joined by Nick & Rick.

The original story was ´leaked´ by a most times reliable source who currently has not made any comment about this monumental stuff up!

Well, I think I will put the old sponge back to bed now and won´t pull it out again until I hear that Pink Floyd have been joined by Roger Waters and Syd Barrett to do a gig on the dark side of the moon!

Kuno 
Nov-16-2003, 16:40 GMT
IP:
Unknown

I just though a few hours ago, that it is almost impossible for them, to make the reunion at a funeral. I mean, millions of fans are waiting for that (the reunion, not the funeral *g*), so it has to be almost impossible to organise a small reunion just for the friens and family of the dead guy.

I still have a little hope that the reunion took place. But I have to admit that I don´t really believe in it anymore :o(

Thanks for the info miriam, even though it´s bad news.

miriam
Nov-17-2003, 20:06 GMT
IP:
Unknown

...it seems as if ALL PF rumours are always false :-(

Page: [1]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread