Bottom

HeadlinePaul´s 65th Birthday

Page: [1]

AuthorComment

Bonnie 
Jun-18-2006, 17:13 GMT
IP:
USA - United Staates America

Please pardon my posting in English. Someone please feel free to translate into Dutch. I apologize I don´t speak the language, but didn´t want to leave anyone out. I usually look at the English forum only.

Here´s my thought: Paul Simon´s 65th birthday is coming up in October. When asked recently (and somewhat frequently) why it took him 6 years to come up with another solo album, his answer has been 2-fold: (1) bombing of the World Trade Towers in New York, which he said "stopped the world" and (2) his 60th birthday, which he said, "stopped me." If that´s what his 60th birthday did, imagine his 65th. Obviously he´s a sensitive man and age is likely making him more "in tune with nature, mortality, etc." I think one of the greatest tributes people can give one another is to say that they care for one another and their existence means something. My idea for a present is simply to send Mr. Simon a DVD of 20-second spots taped from people All Around The World saying that. Borrowing from Bodo´s questionnaire on this site, people could say something like, "My name is __________, I´m from ___________ and I just wanted to tell you that I Love your music. Your song/lyric _______________ really has special meaning to me. I saw you in concert in ___________ and I´ve been a fan ever since." Then maybe after all the individual 20-second clips, there can be film of everyone individually saying "Happy Birthday from (Austrailia/Germany/London/whereve
r."

Here are some preliminary "procedures" or "answers" to initial questions I think people may have:
1. no advertising or self-promotion. In fact, I think the more anonymous this is, the better. Maybe even so far as using first names only. I don´t think the important thing is our names, rather that we are people from different ages, races, religions, and nationalities who have been touched by Paul Simon and therefore have a connection.
2. Do I think Paul Simon will ever watch the DVD once he´s given it? I do. He was given a tape of music and listened to it, which led him on the whole journey to S. Africa to record Graceland.
3. How do make a DVD from all over? Individually tape our 20-second or so greetings, E-mail to me at:
[email protected]
I´ll be happy to put the DVD. I´ll be happy to send to Bodo to post or stream or whatever if he wants me to.
4. How do we give Paul Simon the DVD? Anonymously, of course. Either through his management company or his business address. I don´t think that will be a problem. No return address so no one individual gets "credit." All one unified gift from fans across the globe.

My tentative timeframe:
July & August - gather videos
September - put videos together into DVD
end of Sept./beginning of Oct - try to get DVD to Paul Simon

That´s it. I´ll be happy to send updates periodically to let everyone know about how many videos I´ve received and what countries are represented, if people are interested. Meanwhile, if you have any questions, please post them to the English forum as that is where I check. I´ll try to check this forum periodically, too, but, again, my apologies, I don´t speak this language. Thanks for letting me include this message. I´ll love anyyone here who want to be represented on the DVD to send in a clip.

Use SEND to share on Facebook or A.M.P.S

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 381 ]

Bonnie
Jun-20-2006, 18:18 GMT
IP:

De vrienden, vergeven mijn slecht Nederlands - ik gebruik een hulpmiddel voor vertaling omdat ik niet de taal spreek. Ik postte één bericht reeds, maar gegaan geen reacties. Ik denk dit is omdat ik in het Engels postte. Ik wil in het Nederlands posten om zoveel mogelijk bewonderaars van Paul te omvatten Simon. Iedereen kan vrij voelen om aan Spaans beter te vertalen als mijn bericht niet goed vertaalt. Hier is mijn gedachte: In Oktober, zal Paul Simon zijn verjaardag 65 vieren. Zodra onlangs (en lichtjes vaak) gevraagd waarom het hem 6 jaar nam om een ander album solo te registreren solo, was zijn antwoord 2 vouwen: (1) het bombarderen van het wereldhandelcentrum in New York, dat hij zei dat `tegengehouden de wereld` en (2) zijn verjaardag 60, die hij zei, `hielden me tegen.` Als dit is wat zijn verjaardag 60, om zijn 65 te veronderstellen. Duidelijk is hij een gevoelige mens. Ik denk dat een één van de grootste complimentenmensen elkaar kan geven is te zeggen zij om een andere geven en dat het bestaan van de persoon iets betekent. Mijn idee voor een heden is eenvoudig naar M. Simon een DVD van 20 tweede vlekken van mensen te verzenden die van rond de wereld Paul Simon vertellen hoeveel hij en zijn muziek aan hen bedoelen. De mensen konden zeggen iets als `ik __________, van ___________ ben en ik van uw muziek houd. Uw lied _________ of lyrisch gedicht _________ hebben werkelijk de speciale betekenis met me.` Persoonlijk iets. Iets die werkelijk het betekenen heeft. Dat laat Paul Simon het weten hij heeft gemaakt een verschil in uw leven. Dan misschien na alle diverse 20 tweede video´s, kan elke persoon `gelukkige verjaardag van zeggen (Austrailia/Germany/London/wherever` of in de taal de persoon wil. Hier sommige `inleidende procedues` of van de `antwoorden` op aanvankelijk van de vragen die ik denk dat de mensen kunnen hebben: 1. de nrpubliciteit of de kunst van auto-portret-bevordering. In feite, denk ik dat het meest anoniem dit, het beste is. Misschien niettemin zoals ver slechts aanwendend voornamen. Ik eerder denk niet dat het belangrijke ding onze namen is, dat die wij mensen van diverse leeftijden, races, godsdiensten, en nationaliteiten die door Paul Simon werden geraakt zijn en zo een verbinding hebben. 2. Denk ik Paul dat Simon nooit DVD zodra het het wordt gegeven zal waarnemen? I. Het werd gegeven een band van de muziek en was geluisterd het, die het op de gehele reis aan S. Afrika aan verslag Graceland uitvoerde. 3. Hoe overal tot gemaakt een DVD van? Maak individueel plakband aan onze 20 tweede of zo groeten, E-mail met me met vast: [email protected] Ik zal gelukkig zijn om DVD samen te brengen. Ik zal gelukkig zijn om DVD naar Bodo aan post te verzenden als hij wil aan of kan. 4. Hoe geven wij aan Paul Simon DVD? Anonymously, natuurlijk. Door zijn beheersbedrijf of zijn studioadres. Ik denk niet het een probleem zal zijn. Geen terugkeeradres zodat niemand worden individueel `krediet.` Mijn kalender: Juli en Augustus - krijg video´s September - maken DVD eind van Sept./begin van Okt. - probeer om DVD aan Paul Simon te krijgen Voilà . Ik zal gelukkig zijn om updates te verzenden liet periodiek elke één weten hoeveel video´s ik ontving en welke landen worden vertegenwoordigd, als de mensen geinteresseerd zijn. Terwijl het wachten, als u om het even welke vragen hebt, te kondigen gelieve hen aan het Engelse forum aan aangezien het is waar ik controleer. Ik zal proberen om dit forum te controleren periodiek, ook, maar toch, mijn verontschuldigingen, spreek ik deze taal niet. Dank u om me te laten dit bericht omvatten. Ik zal van anyyone hier houden wie op te omvatten DVD wil worden vertegenwoordigd.

jos
Jun-20-2006, 21:02 GMT
IP:
Netherlands

Wow Bonnie. You´ve put a lot of effort in it. How did you do that?
You wouyld have a good laugh if you knew how some words are translated ;-) but I really admire your effort!!

Anyway, if you look at the messages at the Dutch forum, you understand that there is not much activity going on. I think most of the Dutch take part (or at least read often, like myself) on the English forum and have read your (english) message there.
I personnaly would like to visit him and give him a high five and thank him for his music and tell him how much it means to me. But obviously, this will not happen...

Bonnie
Jun-21-2006, 15:49 GMT
IP:

Jos,
... But what a wonderful thing to tell him on the DVD! I think he´d appreciate the humor of it. Thanks for your message.

Page: [1]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread