Bottom

HeadlineNew CD

Page: [1] [2]

AuthorComment

Ans Koenen 
Oct-22-2003, 06:56 GMT
IP:
Unknown

I read on AMPS the new album of Paul will be released 3 February 2004, it´s called Alternate Tunings. See musictap.net
I hope very much this is true.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 326 ]

Marieno
Oct-22-2003, 07:40 GMT
IP:
Unknown

There was the same announcement past year...and finishing his album during the S&G tour...i´ve a doubt...

Bodo
Oct-22-2003, 10:09 GMT
IP:
Unknown

But it doesn´t fit to the rumours of a European tour...

Except...except they make a European tour with 2 hours S&G show and 2 hours Paul Simon solo show LOL

Nathgertsch
Oct-22-2003, 13:00 GMT
IP:
Unknown

Yes, just for us, the Europeans :-) That would be wonderful ! LOL !But Paul would really need the Camomille for a 4 hours show ! ;-)
I don´t know why but "Alternate Tunings" doesn´t sound at all to me like a possible title for a Paul´s album or song.

Nathalie.

Marieno
Oct-22-2003, 18:32 GMT
IP:
Unknown

Bodo
Oct-28-2003, 11:07 GMT
IP:
Unknown

I asked the webmaster of this page, and he wrote back and told me it´s a colleciton of rare songs.
A great CD!!

Ans Koenen 
Oct-28-2003, 17:02 GMT
IP:
Unknown

Wow, I wished for a long time he would do that.I make a run for it when it´s released.

Jimmie
Oct-28-2003, 17:10 GMT
IP:
Unknown

rare songs?? is it going to be Old recordings and old rare songs, or new recordings of old rare songs?

Julie
Oct-28-2003, 17:20 GMT
IP:
Unknown

I would have thought perhaps a collection of the songs that never made it onto the regular albums.(as opposed to the collections ) Can´t think of that many though.....Thelma...Stranded In A Limousine...Slip Sliding....FAD...Ten Years.

Perhaps some from the Cast Album ?

Nathgertsch
Oct-28-2003, 17:44 GMT
IP:
Unknown

And only Paul´s songs or will it turn to be an album of rare Simon AND S&G songs too now they sing together again ? :-)

Nathalie

Bodo
Oct-28-2003, 17:46 GMT
IP:
Unknown

I have made a CD for myself with every song where Paul sings a line (and which isn´t on official albums)
He did a few duets (The Blues, In Cars...another 2 in the 70´s where he only sings background harmony)

I really hope this site is a reliable source and such an album will be released. Alternate Tunigs sounds as if these songs are early versions of well known songs.

Ans Koenen
Oct-28-2003, 19:20 GMT
IP:
Unknown

Well I checked the songs on his official site and there are several songs that are not on one of his albums like Groundhog, I wish you could be here, Just a boy (jerry landis), Slowman, Spiral Highway, Someday one day, Sunday afternoon, Upstate. And then there are a lot of Songs From The Capeman, I once read he kept the best songs from the capeman behind and release them later, well I think he might Surprise us.

Bodo
Oct-28-2003, 20:35 GMT
IP:
Unknown

Yes, but I don´t think that this will be the Capeman Cast album. He doesn´t sing on that album actually, and also these are 2 CD´s.
Slowman, Spiral Highway, Someday on day are from OTP and I´m not sure if he has really recorded these songs. Also Citizen of the planet, and another song for the Graceland album(that was only a rumour) haven´t been recorded ever...

I hope it´s really a great Surprise (maybe the songbook??..alternate tunings), and not another greatest hit´s album.

Thomas
Oct-28-2003, 21:08 GMT
IP:
Unknown

I think he shouldn´t make a "greatest hits album" again. I´m actually a little bit irritated by the 3 last greatest hits, whcih are released in a little short time (shining like a national guitar, the Paul Simon collection and now "the essential"). Rare songs will be cool but I still hope for something new :-).

Julie
Oct-28-2003, 22:15 GMT
IP:
Unknown

If he were to record more of the cast album songs himself, I wonder which ones ?

Disc 2 Track13 would provide some interesting comments !!

Page: [1] [2]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread