HeadlineBox set..........

Page: [1]

AuthorComment

Ans Koenen 
Sep-28-2003, 19:36 GMT
IP:
Unknown

Hello Bodo,

I understand you like Neil Diamond too. I have several CD´s and a few LP´s from him. I like his music and especially his voice. Of course Paul is nr. 1 with great distance.
Well Neil Diamond has now a live box set called STAGES, it contains 5 audio CD´s with 83 tracks almost all previously unreleased and 1 DVD with songs from the concert in Dublin 2002 and backstage documentary. It´s for sale by amazon.co.uk in October.
I have the DVD greatest hits live but its so smooth and commercial.

Ooh, I wished Paul would release a box set from his solo career with unreleased songs and live performances.

But I think this box set from Neil Diamond is very good, maybe some day I´ll buy it.
It´s rather expensive, 41 english pound.

Use SEND to share on Facebook or A.M.P.S

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 516 ]

Bodo
Sep-28-2003, 19:58 GMT
IP:
Unknown

but also Paul is Nr. 1 for me by far :-)

About the box set from Paul - I´ve heard he doesn´t have any unreleased tracks (or they have never been recorded proper) He´s not a fast songwriter as for example Bruce Springsteen or Bob Dylan, so he uses nearly every song for his albums. (I have read there is 1 extra song for Graceland called :"My mother, my father" but it was maybe never recorded just written.

I more prefer Neil Diamonds early work, in the 80´s he wrote too much ballades and his style changed. But his voice is still wonderful. I also like Leonard Cohen because of his voice.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 516 ]

Page: [1]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread