www.paul-simon.info 
The neck of my Guitar

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread

Bottom

HeadlineSimon & Garfunkel in the studio again?

Page: [1] [2]

AuthorComment

Jimmie
Sep-25-2003, 11:09 GMT
IP:
Unknown

Just read the headline on this site. It stated that this is to be the firts time they are in the studio together since BOTW, but that isn´t right.. remember My Little Town, What A Wonderful World and the tracks Art was supposed to sing on the Hearts And Bones album..

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 383 ]

Bodo
Sep-25-2003, 11:15 GMT
IP:
Unknown

...the don´t know much

Nathgertsch
Sep-25-2003, 16:49 GMT
IP:
Unknown

I really hope it´s just a bad rumour but I worry now because the S&G tour was first a rumour and suddenly became so true !
And what about Paul´s album now ? In the rubbish bin ?

Nathalie.

Bodo
Sep-25-2003, 17:29 GMT
IP:
Unknown

I really hope that Paul will continue his album (but at the time I even don´t believe him that he has already written a lot of songs... I mean it´s stupid to write 6 songs or more, and then you stop the work)
It could be that they use Paul´s songs and record them together :-(

I don´t want Art´s voice on a Paul Simon album! But what can we do...we are only a few fans of Paul, and there are hundred thousands of S&G fans, having their fun with these Old songs which reminds them of their youth-days. Oh, I would Love to tell Paul our opinion now, in a private talk.

I hope the interest on S&G will reduce in a few months (as it always happens about to these reunion things) and then Paul will see what the result is.

Marieno 
Sep-25-2003, 18:56 GMT
IP:
Unknown

Oh no, oh no, oh no, i can´t tell it better!!!

miriam 
Sep-25-2003, 19:13 GMT
IP:
Unknown

Sorry, I still cannot share your negative opinion about an S&G album...

Julie
Sep-25-2003, 20:48 GMT
IP:
Unknown

As far as I´m concerned Paul Simon is a musical genius and if he thinks the addition of Art´s voice on what ever it is that he is working on enhances it I´m happy to bow to his superior opinion.

Julie
Sep-25-2003, 20:50 GMT
IP:
Unknown

....that reminds them of their youth days.

Grrrr. At least you just wrote Old songs and not old fans.

Bodo
Sep-26-2003, 00:05 GMT
IP:
Unknown

But it´s that what Paul said at the Press conference. (remembering the Old days)

But maybe they have read some of newspaper articles now saying :"The go on tour again for the 3th time not having a new album out" - and so they thought to Surprise everyone they will show us a new song at the concerts.

Bodo
Sep-26-2003, 00:13 GMT
IP:
Unknown

or jimmies?
(I don´t know if Jimmie has a negative opinion :-) )

Hm, I think a song like My Little Town would be, yeah ok (at least this song never really impressed me, it´s a ´filler´ for me)

But what I really don´t want is a thing like Hearts And Bones...a Paul Simon album with his songs that should become a S&G album. I want the songs Paul wrote in the last 2 years on a solo album.

The S&G tour is a nice break and I want to see them (just to say - "I didn´t miss that" :-) , but I hope to get back the Paul I know, with Vincent on a guitar, a lot of drums and songs like The Coast, Diamonds, Hurrican Eye...

Nathgertsch
Sep-26-2003, 10:25 GMT
IP:
Unknown

He had the same feeling for Heart and Bones apparently and finally, decided he didn´t want Art´s voice on his so private album anymore and we all know what was the result of that : an album that could have been very good became a "flop" (though I keep thinking the song Heart and Bones is among his best songs !) !

Nathalie.

Nathgertsch
Sep-26-2003, 10:26 GMT
IP:
Unknown

I´m an "Old" fan and proud to be !LOL !

Nathalie

Bodo
Sep-26-2003, 10:49 GMT
IP:
Unknown

And I´m happy that this is an Paul Simon album. Especially H&B is a hit of Paul, and not of S&G. And I can´t imagine Art singin Allergies or Car´s are Car´s.
IMO Paul is limited in his range of songs if he is doing an album together with Art.
Just imagine that they never have splited up in the 70´s...we wouldn´t have songs like Graceland, Late In The Evening, Kodachrome, The Obvious Child, You´re The One...or The Vampires <g>

But I´m not sure if the S6G break up in 1983 was the reason that the album H&B flopped, because if I would have been a Simon fan in 1980 why shouldn´t I buy his new album in 1983?. I don´t think that the fans want to punish him because it wasn´t a S&G album :-) The album just didn´t have a real hit, and also the song order (as Paul mentioned later) was total wrong, because the album should start with H&B and not with a weak song like Allergies.
That´s marketing, because when I listen to a CD(or LP?) in a store I always start with the first song - and if I don´t like it I maybe stop listening.

miriam
Sep-26-2003, 12:04 GMT
IP:
Unknown

Actually I was referring to Marie-Noelle. I respect her opinion of course, but I can´t share it, sorry. I hope no one feels offended now.
I can understand your arguments very well, Bodo. I also think an album like Hearts And Bones wouldn´t work, but maybe H&B just had a "bad timing" - remember, Paul was going through a difficult time with his relationship with Carrie Fisher, so his songs were very personal and he just couldn´t work with Art anymore.
But IF another S&G album is really going to happen, maybe Paul treats it like an S&G album, and not as a solo album with Art´s voice on it, a real collaboration. And as we know, Art has learned how to write songs *g*
He then could go on working on a real solo album. IMO this could be possible. And it would be really interesting how a new S&G album would sound like nowadays...So I can´t really understand why there are people who are ALL against it.
If Paul feels like doing so, we should respect it. The only thing I worry about is that Paul & Art could ruin their friendship again. IMO all these things happen much too quickly after another: reunion, tour, album...Why not give it a break first?

Bodo
Sep-26-2003, 13:39 GMT
IP:
Unknown

in doing these things.

Ah, I would have loved to see a show in 1993, with parts of S&G, and solo Parts of Paul. That was the best thing IMO.

Page: [1] [2]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread