Petition

Use SEND to share on Facebook or A.M.P.S

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 367 ]

Bodo 
Sep-15-2003, 18:08 GMT
IP:
Unknown

Send to a friend

- and ask them also to send it to their friends/other fans :-)

Nathgertsch
Sep-15-2003, 18:24 GMT
IP:
Unknown

I´ve signed it (and I´ve sent it to some othjer fans too:-) )even if I don´t agree with this new reunion but if it can help some Europeans fans who really want to see them... :-)

Nathalie

Nathgertsch
Sep-15-2003, 18:25 GMT
IP:
Unknown

I´ve signed it (and I´ve sent it to some othjer fans too:-) )even if I don´t agree with this new reunion but if it can help some Europeans fans who really want to see them... :-)

Nathalie

Bodo
Sep-16-2003, 23:56 GMT
IP:
Unknown

as if this is our future...
The way they talked on Letterman and GMA reminds me of video tapes I saw from 1983 (also Letterman :-P )

They really like it, and Paul is so nice to Art, Art holds the guitar for Paul...both say they have made so big mistakes (for me it sounds as if Paul says his whole career since 1970 was a mistake :-( ) and everyone just likes S&G and loves to listen to 35 year Old songs.
They say that recording a new album came also into their mind (and also Paul said that) - and Letterman joked about them that they are now playing in ´BIG´ stadions(
Paul tried to joke a little bit, he said no, they are only very small - but it really sounds like :"Hey, for 30 years you just had an audience of about 8000 people, but now as S&G you have 20.000 again.

I think the chance that we will get a Paul Simon solo album in the next 2 years...and a solo tour is now very low at the moment.

So, I was watching 5 video clips this afternoon..first America, sounded really great...Boxer, Old Friends..Homeward...and then I thought "ok, it all sounds very nice, but after 4 or 5 songs it´s boring for me :-(" I´m used to songs like 50 ways, Diamonds, The Coast, Hurrican Eye, and soft songs between them.
Hm.. what more shall I say....I hope live they have more power on songs like Cecilia, El Condor Pasa, Mrs. Robinson
(and what the hell will this 7 piece band do all the time??) :-)

I want to see them for 1 time live, but I don´t expect this show to be as good as any Simon solo show I saw. Paul is now the living Jonah Levin, just with 10 hit´s and not only 1.

He´s a Ten Trick Pony.

Bodo
Sep-17-2003, 10:20 GMT
IP:
Unknown

You should go :-)

Thanks Nathalie for sending the email to other fans....ah I sometimes think the S&G are just too Old, they don´t have Internet or so...at the time the petition has 187 signatures, not really much or?

Nathgertsch
Sep-17-2003, 18:28 GMT
IP:
Unknown

Or they are not real fans and just go to concerts by curiosity ;-)Maybe the real fans don´t want to see them together again ! :-))

Of course, if they come and play in my garden, I will go ;-).I was thinking about how many kms I´m ready to travel to see them. Well, for Paul, last time, I went to Pisa (Italy)and that was worth having this trip (for Italy and for Paul too of course ! LOL! ) ! For S&G, let´s say I can go to Paris (almost the same distance) but it´s only because I can go there in less than 5 hours with the fast train :-).

Nathalie.

Nathgertsch 
Sep-19-2003, 10:20 GMT
IP:
Unknown

And now, I´ve read the Everly Brothers will be guests in that tour and will sing some of their Old songs. More and more disappointing... :-(((((

Bodo 
Sep-19-2003, 11:45 GMT
IP:
Unknown

I´ve heard that before, and I thought it would be nice to see a band more for this amount of money *g*

However, if they only play for 1 1/2 hour then it´s really not worth a lot :-(

Have you read about that 2nd tour leg? In an article they said that the next tickets will go on sale at the end of November...I don´t think that this would be the NY tickets or?
So maybe they are making a bigger tour trough the USA, and MAYBE MAYBE MAYBE they will come to Europe...hm

Nathgertsch
Sep-19-2003, 17:37 GMT
IP:
Unknown

No, I didn´t read anything about that ! Where have you got those news ?
And if I think it´s worse with The Everly is just because I don´t want to pay to hear them and that means too, less songs with S&G. But that´s only my opinion and maybe it will attract more people this way (even if S&G don´t seem to need more audiance).
And something more : if they tour in Europe, I´m not sure at all they would invite the Everly again : they are not so famous here. Oof ! LOL !

Nathalie.

Marieno
Sep-19-2003, 17:56 GMT
IP:
Unknown

It should be the name of that tour!!!

Bodo
Sep-19-2003, 19:11 GMT
IP:
Unknown

that the Everly Brothers would come to Europe.
But I think that this is just a small break in the show, and I guess it should have been a secret (Paul and Art never spoke about it) - but the Everly Brother´s management already told that (before S&G announced their tour, so that wasn´t really nice of them, taking the ´news´ away...
You can read it on http://www.everly.net

Liz
Sep-19-2003, 19:13 GMT
IP:
Unknown

Does anyone have the files of the 1983 GMA and Letterman? That occured... before I was born...

I would Love to see them though!!!!! Please let me know!

[email protected]

Liz
Sep-20-2003, 07:15 GMT
IP:
Unknown

Does anyone have the files of the 1983 GMA and Letterman? That occured... before I was born...

I would Love to see them though!!!!! Please let me know!

[email protected]

Bodo
Sep-20-2003, 14:46 GMT
IP:
Unknown

Letterman at least, was GMA on air in 1983?

But AFAIK they didn´t perform a song there or?

I´ll check that out somewhen in the future, this VHS-tape is only a copy of a copy, quality is poor. And I only have it for a PAL TV-system.

Page: [1]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread