Headlinefan database

Page: [1] [2]

AuthorComment

Kate 
Aug-14-2003, 09:43 GMT
IP:
Unknown

hi bodo,
i hope you please make an entry for my country because i want myself to be listed in a ´PaulSimon FanDataBase´.

here in china, i´ve met quite a few PaulSimon fans, And i believe if there were more chances for the people here to get to know his music, there would be more fans.

wishes,
kate

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 467 ]

Bodo
Aug-20-2003, 18:37 GMT
IP:
Unknown

thats great to hear that there are some fans from china. I didnt know that chinese can visit my site (I heard that nearly all sites are blocked)

at the moment Im on vacation in spain, and I ll be back on next sunday - then I can include china okay!!

see you
and hope to hear form you soon again

kate
Aug-24-2003, 03:33 GMT
IP:
Unknown

to block the internet is not easy!

Bodo
Aug-24-2003, 20:32 GMT
IP:
Unknown

Is Kate your real chinese name?

Some weeks ago I had a japanese forum also her, but the interest wasn´t very big so I closed it.
Do you know more Paul Simon fans from China

Greetings
Bodo

kate
Aug-25-2003, 08:20 GMT
IP:
Unknown

i´ve met several fans online. i gave them link of this site, and that club at lycos. but i guess language is a great barrier to us...

wishes,

kate

Bodo
Aug-26-2003, 12:15 GMT
IP:
Unknown

So many chinese fans!! :-)
That´s great!
I think Paul has to give a concert there again (he was there in 1991 as far as I can remember or?) In the Born At The Right Time documentation I´ve seen that concert, together with chinese musicians he played Sounds Of Silence.

Kate, is it very hard to get the Rhythm Of The Saints album in China? (I´ve read that in your entry) No possible way to buy it...via ebay maybe?

kate
Aug-29-2003, 15:02 GMT
IP:
Unknown

oh, where in china?! i never heard of it...

Bodo
Aug-29-2003, 16:07 GMT
IP:
Unknown

Can´t remember exactly where it was.
(I hope my memorys are not wrong)

Ans Koenen
Aug-29-2003, 19:13 GMT
IP:
Unknown

It was in Kantong in a stadium that holds about 25.000 people. It was the first big show since 1945. It was on his world tour of 1991/1992. There were people from China and Hongkong. Paul said in the documentary that he loved the audience.
greetings Ans.

Bodo
Aug-29-2003, 21:47 GMT
IP:
Unknown

I was searching on several concert lists (thesoundofsimon.com) later this afternoon but couldn´t find the show in china - so at the end I wasn´t sure any longer if I wasn´t totaly wrong :-)

But on the other hand I could remember very good that some chines musicians sang SOS with Paul, and that Paul had 2 bass players at this concert (Bakithi and Sabal-Lecco) - that was a incredible bass solo during You Can Call Me Al! :-P

Ans Koenen
Aug-30-2003, 08:07 GMT
IP:
Unknown

The chinese musicians gave him a T-shirt
with something on it over BOTW, he was very pleased with it because he is a big T-shirt collector. One chinese musician sang BOTW with him.
I also loved the bass solo with Bakithi and Sabal-Lecco. You could see that Paul had a very good time in China. Before the concert they interviewed a chinese girl who was really excited about Paul and his music. Ans.

Nathgertsch
Aug-30-2003, 09:36 GMT
IP:
Unknown

Yes, it was so cute and all those flowers they had bought ! Paul said too it was a bit surrealistic because there were many policemen there and usually, it´s forbidden to get up and dance during concerts in China but there, the audiance didn´t care at all and challenge the policemen who didn´t dare to intervene at all !

Nathalie.

Ans Koenen
Aug-30-2003, 11:36 GMT
IP:
Unknown

Paul said that that´s what these shows are all about being free or feeling free and I think that´s very important.

Ans.

Kate
Aug-31-2003, 06:47 GMT
IP:
Unknown

in 1991 i was only 6 years Old - too young to appreciate PaulSimon...

but i am very courious: in which city did paul hold that concert?

Kate
Aug-31-2003, 07:24 GMT
IP:
Unknown

sorry,Ans, i didn´t see ´Kantong´, but i still can´t remember there is a place in china called Kantong...

Page: [1] [2]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread