Bottom

HeadlineBiography , Timeline, Book

Page: [1]

AuthorComment

Bodo 
Jul-16-2003, 10:21 GMT
IP:
Unknown

Yesterday I got something from another fan, a huge self-assembled biography ( 50 pages, so it´s more like a book) which really includes everything exactly. It´s great, and up till today!

The only problem with that biography could be that parts of it are taken from other, official published, biographys.
So I don´t know if it isn´t too much risk to put it onto the web.
I have to talk back again and ask how many sentences are taken from other books and if possible they could be changed (if it´s not too much)

BUT 50 A4 pages on paper is too much IMO for a web biography (I think these are around 80 web-pages then) No one would read that online I think.

For the normal interested visitor a biography with around 5 - 8 thousand words is more than enough I think, so if you are interested then this should be the main biography Julie. If possible (by copyrights) I can maybe take this other book as an additional information pool for really interested people - for a web-bio it´s too long IMO.

Use SEND to share on Facebook or A.M.P.S

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 489 ]

Julie
Jul-16-2003, 14:34 GMT
IP:
Unknown

So long as you rewrite and don´t reproduce it verbatim you won´t be breaking any copyright. But it would need to be much shorter.

Julie
Jul-16-2003, 14:38 GMT
IP:
Unknown

I´m certaintly willing to condense and rewrite it if you like, if the original author doesn´t want to and doesn´t mind.Who wrote it?

Bodo 
Jul-16-2003, 15:10 GMT
IP:
Unknown

Mandy wrote it.
I´ve an idea, we could maybe make a shorter and a longer version of the same text, if you have the time to filter out the more important things and shorten it down to a few pages?

I´ll ask her.

Julie
Jul-16-2003, 15:49 GMT
IP:
Unknown

A shorter and a longer version ? Do you mean a shorter version for a biography and an even shorter version as a time line? I´m certainly willing to do that.

Bodo
Jul-16-2003, 16:29 GMT
IP:
Unknown

we could take the real long version (50 pages) for interested people, and a shorter one (out of this long version) as a biography.

Julie
Jul-16-2003, 16:48 GMT
IP:
Unknown

I think 50 pages would be far too long to read on the net no matter how interested you are ! But I might be wrong of course. I think a shorter version would be better with a list of published books that people could read if they are that interested.

Page: [1]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread