Bottom

HeadlineS/G reunion tour

Page: [1] [2]

AuthorComment

Julie 
Jun-17-2003, 23:58 GMT
IP:
Unknown

Rumours are circulating again of a possible S and G reunion tour in the Autumn. (Billboard)

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 457 ]

Bodo 
Jun-18-2003, 12:02 GMT
IP:
Unknown

rumour

So I guess I will also not go to a concert.
I´m not sure, if they would come to Europe then maybe. (But flying to America (~1000 Euros + concert ticket - around 400 Euros I guess because they are doing it for the money then) is really too much.

I hope the are not doing a tour! As I said some months before 1 or 2 concerts (one in the USA, one in Europe) that would be great, but Paul should go his own way.

And what will happen with the new album? Have you read the inlay of the new collection - there it is written that the new album will be released in spring 2003 ...haha

He should go on solo tour with his new album..or have Artie as a support act (for the same ticket price please, tickets in Europe are ALWAYS TOO EXPENSIVE) In america you get for the same price Paul+Brian Wilson, or Paul + Bob Dylan...in Europe you get a 2 hours show...hm

Julie
Jun-18-2003, 12:27 GMT
IP:
Unknown

He said in an interview "IF the new album is released " or words to that effect. Don´t like the word IF.

Bodo
Jun-18-2003, 16:10 GMT
IP:
Unknown

In an interview about the tour?

Do you mean this 1 hour interview from Radio?

Marieno 
Jun-18-2003, 18:19 GMT
IP:
Unknown

I agree with you Bodo. Please Paul don´t do that: S&G is the past, work on your new album and make a beautiful tour with your wonderful musicians.
Simon SI, Garfunkel NO.
Marie-Noëlle.

tomi
Jun-18-2003, 21:54 GMT
IP:
Unknown

I think it would be wonderful to see Paul and Artie once again probably for the last time.Paul´s lyrics and Artie´s voice are like heaven´s harmony. Just once time.

christian
Jun-19-2003, 11:59 GMT
IP:
Unknown

yesterday they said on a german music TV channel (viva tv) that the managments of Paul and Arti work on a reunion - tour of simon & garfunkel.

Ps: only rumour

Natgertsch
Jun-19-2003, 14:24 GMT
IP:
Unknown

Right ! Nostalgy is not good and if he does that only for money, it´s even worse ! Paul has so much talent when he´s alone, free to write what he wants to !

miriam
Jun-19-2003, 14:35 GMT
IP:
Unknown

Hey, I must have missed it, even though I watched the 6 o´clock news.
But I read it in the videotext. I´m also for a tour, even though I´m not sure if we might probably only see an
imitation of something that´s long gone...Also. somethong tells me that IF they tour, then they´ll only our in USA, and ticket prices would be
astronomical...

Bodo
Jun-20-2003, 13:33 GMT
IP:
Unknown

only took their news from billboard.com and copied that article...

But it´s interesting that VIVA brings news about S&G... I think the normal viva tv-audience (12-17 years Old) doesn´t know S&G...or?

If Paul will release a new album in fall I think it will not be on viva news...

Bodo
Jun-20-2003, 13:37 GMT
IP:
Unknown

I also think they will only tour in the USA.
And people will pay everything to see them..so 500 $ for a ticket could be the normal price.

I don´t want a S&G tour. Art opening a show (with his SOLO songs, then 40 minutes S&G together, and then a 2 hour show of Paul, that would be okay)

It´s crazy...S&G was only 6 years of Pauls career, he´s now solo since 33 yeras!! And the only thing that counts is S&G. - But Pauls World Music Time is much better IMO, I vote for another tour with Ladysmith Black Mambazo, Miriam Makeba, Hugh Masekela....

Bodo
Jun-20-2003, 13:38 GMT
IP:
Unknown

to write a new album, and then go on a nostalgic tour, that´s really crazy.

The only thing that could work is a double tour with a short set where they sing together, and then Paul alone (pomoting his new album)
That would be a lot of audience for both of them, but not pure nostalgic.

Kuno
Jun-20-2003, 23:52 GMT
IP:
Unknown

would be a little bit embarrassing for artie, wouldn´t it ?
maybe he could sell the ps merchandising next to the exit *lol*

but to be serious: imagine what a Surprise it would be, if art entered the stage on a regular ps-concert, just for an encore.. sos for example.... would be so nice for the audience. i mean it happens a lot that famous singers have guest-appearances in other bands shows. though it would be a little bit unfair for the fans on the other ps-concerts without artie.

tomi
Jun-21-2003, 19:50 GMT
IP:
Unknown

I totally disagree with you. The best part of Paul´s solo work is early years. World music is to comercial for my taste

Bodo 
Jun-23-2003, 10:00 GMT
IP:
Unknown

this should be okay for Artie. He would have a really big audience for his solo stuff.

At least Paul Simon is a much more famous musician and has really big concerts (last year 50.000 in Rome, 40.000 in Ireland) and Artie has sometimes shows with an audience around 700 people also, so I think this would be the right order. (Brian Wilson was also the opening act for Paul...)

Page: [1] [2]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread