Start a new Thread

Bottom

HeadlineLast leg of Tour

Page: [1] [2]

AuthorComment

Scaaty
Aug-22-2018, 11:33 GMT
Ireland

I see the list for the remainder of the tour (post Hyde Park) is not up under the farewell tour. Im heading to the last one on the 22nd September. I like the idea of it being where Paul grew up. will there be any support acts on this section - maybe some old friends might turn up?

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1315 ]

Michiel
Aug-24-2018, 20:30 GMT
Unknown

Art Garfunkel - or they play a trick on the internet - would be impossible. Since Art Garfunkel is scheduled to give a concert in Minnesota on exactly the same moment on September 22 (Mayo Center). However, it is very strange that on Art's own website under 'concerts' the first concert is scheduled Sept 28. So why not mention the Sept 22 Minesota concert? It is possible to buy AG tickets for the Mayo Center in Minnesota for Sept. 22, so it's unlikely that he will perform together with fPaul in Queens. The only possibility is that the Minnesota thing is just a trick......

[Like] 1 Michiel Michiel
[Reply] - [Readers: 1221 ]

Michiel
Aug-24-2018, 20:41 GMT
Unknown

https://mayociviccenter.com/events-tickets/all-eve
nts/event-details?eventID=21805&title=Art%20Ga
rfunkel

sorry I liked myself while trying to use the reply button... :-).

Above is the link to the AG Sep 22 concert in Minnesota, Rochester (Mayo Civic Centre):

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1215 ]

Michiel
Aug-24-2018, 20:47 GMT
Unknown

https://mayociviccenter.com/events-tickets/all-eve
nts/event-details?eventID=21805&title=Art%20Ga
rfunkel

sorry I liked myself while trying to use the reply button... :-).

Above is the link to the AG Sep 22 concert in Minnesota, Rochester (Mayo Civic Centre):

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1209 ]

Gerard
Aug-24-2018, 21:47 GMT
Netherlands

I know the mentioning of the upcoming Art Garfunkel shows is somewhat confusing. I know who has been running http://www.artgarfunkel.com These are the same people who once ran the famous "Simon and Garfunkel Forum". I have some bad experiences with these pleople regarding telling the entire thruth about what`s going on when I was an Art Garfunkel fan. Nowadays I really hate him.

On a third party tickets selling show I also know it being reliable I see the following schedule. Indeed Art Garfunkel will be "out of NYC" on the 21th and 2th September. Please have a look at the date of 22 nd of September

https://concertwith.me/en/tour-dates/Art+Garfunkel

From #Twitter a new announcent has just been published. Art Garfunkel is to be seen in:CBS Sunday Morning Show on next Sunday:

20:00 - 24 aug. 2018

Via @CBSSunday
THIS WEEK: Art Garfunkel: Life is a surprise

Singer Art Garfunkel talks with Rita Braver about stepping out of the shadow of Paul Simon, and his memoir, "What Is It All But Luminous" https://cbsn.ws/2P2IclO

A video about how Art is singing nowadays is to be listened to on #Twitter.

My conclusion is the following: I do not have any expectations Art Garfunkel will be present on the final concert of our dear Paul Simon. For two reasons: his voice does not allow Art Garfunkel for doing a concert-duet with Paul seeing the way Paul`s band is playing.

The second reason can be: Art will rerepresent again about his biography thus talking about how badly Paul Simon did treat him in the past (and thus leaving his rol by "victimising himself" aside.

I duly hope to want to see them both staying on stage playing the game "Old Friends" anymore. For the only reasong: in realitly the were never friends at all.

Paul Simon did not need Art Garfunkel: it was Art Garfunkel who is still needing Paul Simon. For not singing with him on stage but for the only reason: Art Garfunkels setlist has shows that two parts of his show are all Simon and Garfunkel songs.Lately Art Garfunkel was in Holland: praising Paul into heaven.

After lifting his feet for heading up to England he started the yelling into the direction of Paul Simon again..I have never seen such an unpredictical behavior outraged, bitter and selfhish artist like Art Garfunkel was and still is.....

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1196 ]

Michiel
Aug-26-2018, 14:52 GMT
Netherlands

Garfunkel is giving a concert on his own, that's the reason he will not be at Paul's concert at Sept. 22.
Strange you say you 'hate' him. Hate is a strong word..

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1151 ]

Gerard
Aug-27-2018, 00:12 GMT
Netherlands

Indeed Micheil you are right by saying "hate" is a strong word. I will not use it again here.

Two updates: I consider these two as a kind of confirmation for Art Garfunkel not being present on the latest Paul Simon concert on september 22 scnd at Queens #NYC.

Update one: the entire CBS-Sunday_Morning Show in which AG turned up. Wondering if this was an actual program or a rehearsal from 2017:

50 years later Art Garfunkel tours solo

https://http://www.cbsnews.com/live/video/20180826
142923-50-years-later-art-garfunkel-tours-solo/?ft
ag=CNM15cf32c

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1127 ]

Gerard
Aug-27-2018, 00:21 GMT
Netherlands

No Harmony: Art Garfunkel Books Show in Minnesota Same Night as Paul Simon’s Career Finale Concert in Queens

http://www.showbiz411.com/2018/08/26/no-harmony-ar
t-garfunkel-books-show-in-minnesota-same-night-as-
paul-simons-career-finale-concert-in-queens

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1124 ]

Michiel
Aug-30-2018, 07:06 GMT
Netherlands

Shiwbizz411 is bringing the same conclusio as I did. Only I did this several days eadlier

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1000 ]

Michiel
Aug-30-2018, 15:23 GMT
Netherlands

In the meantime this Sep 22 date for Minnesota also appears also on artgarfunkel.com/concerts. It even mentions an additional concert on Sep 21. My guess would be that AG kept the door open to join PS on Sep 22 for a long time until recently. Since this Sep 22 date was not on AG's website till a few days ago (I discovered the Minnesota Sep 22 concert coincidentally by googling 'Garfunkel September 22'). I read an article where the author stated that he interviewed AG in the spring of 2018, and that Art kept teasing him by saying 'I can't tell you what it is, but later this year something big is going to happen'. My guess would be that until recently this was still AG's hope, but that PS finally refused him as partner for the Sep 22 concert of Paul in Queens.
I am a PS and S&G fan. I can understand that PS wants a solo farewell concert. However, I think the group S&G as well deserves a farewell concert. It is not impossible that this will not come: Simon mentioned to stop touring in the status of the solo artist Paul Simon. A concert where he is part of a group (S&G) therefore still is possible (theoretically?).

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 966 ]

Bodo
Aug-30-2018, 16:13 GMT
Austria

Sure it is. Simon only said he stops touring. He never said he stops performing concerts ...

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 961 ]

Scaaty
Sep-23-2018, 06:14 GMT
Unknown

Great last night! Voice wasn't the best but after three nights in a row what would you expect! Great performance by all the band & great to see Edie join in on the whistling on 'me & Julio' . PS was quite emotional at the end, final words being ,this means more to me than you can know!

Absolutely no mention of Artie - only his photo from the 3am album which generated a big cheer - but not any bigger than the cheer for the photo of Miriam Makela!

Delighted to have attended. Goodbye Paul and thank you for all the music & memories

[Like] 1 Ans Ans
[Reply] - [Readers: 716 ]

Michiel
Sep-23-2018, 10:02 GMT
Netherlands

Glad yoy enjoyed it! I went to see him in Amsterdam and Hyde Park, and was thinking about going to NY.. but decided not to do so. Now I see he used exactly the same setlist, so nothing special in the programme compared to the tour concerts, except for Edie. That I don't understand from him. He should have done something really special for this last concert.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 691 ]

Michiel
Sep-23-2018, 10:05 GMT
Netherlands

Scaaty, do you think the concert was recorded for DVD or blu ray? Or, did you see many televsion camera's, other than those for the video screens at the stage?

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 690 ]

Scaaty
Sep-23-2018, 13:51 GMT
Unknown

I was looking out for extra cameras- but not so you'd notice but quality of stage video was very good with great close ups of the band members doing there stuff .
The setllist was exactly the same as Dublin, the guy beside me left early in disgust because it was the same as the night before in MSG. Banter was similar too although interrupted by some low flying jets. During his story about Rene&Magritte, he gave out jokingly about a fire work display going on nearby

[Like] 1 Ans Ans
[Reply] - [Readers: 666 ]

Page: [1] [2]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread