Start a new Thread

Bottom

HeadlineThe never ending feud with Art Garfunkel

Page: [1]

AuthorComment

Nick
Apr-23-2018, 18:25 GMT
United Kingdom

Not sure how to link the article into the forum am sure some one will be able to. Yesterday the Mail on Sunday published a major article on Simon and Garfunkel on the run up to Paul's authorised biography and fair well tour.

Sadly it states that from almost day one Paul and Artie were fighting. I won't go into details as you can look up the article on line via Dailiy Mail then under events magazine .

I hope you get to read this and the details in Paul's biography out soon

Use SEND to share on Facebook or A.M.P.S

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1456 ]

Simon
Apr-23-2018, 20:59 GMT
United Kingdom

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/event/article-5634
941/Paul-Simons-insecurities-depression-life-long-
feud-Art-Garfunkel.html

Thank you Nick, here's the link.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1436 ]

Bodo
Apr-23-2018, 22:07 GMT
USA - United Staates America

This article in dailymail is actually a very straight copy of the upcomming biography in 90% of its parts... (I have a proof-reading copy of the book)

It is in most parts such a 1:1 copy on sentences that I would call it plagiarism ;-)

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1428 ]

Baggy
Apr-24-2018, 10:07 GMT
United Kingdom

'Plagiarism' Bodo?? How do you know they didn't pay ???

It is a common arrangement between newspapers and publishers to give publicity to new books.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1381 ]

Henk  
Apr-24-2018, 14:34 GMT
Netherlands

By the way: the name of the author of the article is Robert Hilburn. So I don't think it's plagiarism at all.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1356 ]

Bodo
Apr-25-2018, 17:28 GMT

Thats true Henk.
I did not read far into it then because I could not find anything new ;-)

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1266 ]

Bodo
Apr-25-2018, 17:42 GMT

BTW. It is interesting that this articles headline is written more lurid than the book itself. They know how to "sell" things ;-). It is not all about fights and depressions.

The book itself is a lot in favour of Paul Simon. Of course all questionable things are brought up a little bit (Heidi Berg, Los Lobos, That was your mother, all the Art Garfunkel stories, failure of Capeman) but those things are answered in a nice way without asking any profound 2nd question which could make Paul denying an answer.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1263 ]

Klausi
Apr-30-2018, 21:29 GMT
Germany

"Tired of the Drama".

Is it a Drama? Paul played guitar on Garfunkels first album, wrote "My little town" for him, they sang on the second SNL show in 1975, sang with him and James Taylor in 1978 and invited him to CP in 1981.

The tour afterwards was not very pleasing for Paul and Hearts and Bones came out as a Solo-Album. OK. A flop.

But they toured again twice and visited a Base-Ball-Game, the pictures are available. The 25 years of Rock and Roll Hall of Fame showed them again.

They recorded Citizen of the planet and Garfunkel had a problem with his voice for years.

Maybe this drama is not so important than other dramas worldwide.

[Like] 1 Ans Ans
[Reply] - [Readers: 1052 ]

Page: [1]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread