www.paul-simon.info 
The neck of my Guitar

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread

Bottom

HeadlineLicense for Leaves that are Green - chances?

Page: [1]

AuthorComment

Morgan  
Apr-04-2018, 06:23 GMT
New Zealand

Hey team

I'm a student at a film school here in New Zealand and for my final assignment, I have to make a short film. I was using 'Leaves that are Green' as a working title for my film but the director of my school liked it so much he's encouraged me to reach out to Paul and see if I can get the license to use it for non-commercial purposes and potentially film festivals.

Does anyone have any thoughts on a) the likelihood of this happening and b)how/who to contact for this?

Many thanks

Use SEND to share on Facebook or A.M.P.S

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 833 ]

Bodo
Apr-04-2018, 08:17 GMT
Austria

If you contact Warner Music or Sony Music in your country, the will probably never answer or just say No.

The best way would maybe to send a written letter to the management if you have the time. The problem is, Management moved away from Brill Building a few years ago and we do not have a new confirmed address. (But maybe they forward mail for many years, as it is/was an very important address)

Adress is under CONTACT on this website.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 823 ]

Morgan
Apr-04-2018, 08:17 GMT
New Zealand

Just to clarify, I'm looking into how to get the license to use the song in my film, not just the title.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 822 ]

Bodo
Apr-04-2018, 10:14 GMT
Austria

yep, that was clear.

If you write a book or movie named "Leaves that are green", or even if you write a song like that, thats far away from any copyright problem. A substantial amount of previous work has to be taken to call it copyright infringment. Otherwise we would have to stop using most words in our language... ;-)

I am just saying: The official channels in your country might always say NO, while, if you are able to reach Paul Simon, he might easely say yes if he likes it.

I would write a letter to the office. Then you may receive a letter and have a written piece.
Emails will just be forwarded and forwarded from one to another computer.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 814 ]

Morgan
Apr-04-2018, 10:40 GMT
New Zealand

Thanks Bodo!

I did find a way online that goes through Universal Music Publishing Group but presumably that will be well outside of my budget.

Any advice on how to address it/what to write?

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 810 ]

Henk
Apr-08-2018, 15:26 GMT
Netherlands

Hi Morgan,
The offices of "Paul Simon Music" have been moved from the Brill Building.
I'll send you a PM with the right address.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 682 ]

Brenda
Apr-12-2018, 00:14 GMT
Australia

Bodo. I gave you the new address a while back.
Paul Simon Music
Suite 1720
3 Colombus Cir
New York
Ny 10019.
I am not sure if private Messages are working again on here. can you please confirm if they are Bodo ?

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 610 ]

Bodo
Apr-12-2018, 09:12 GMT
Austria

Hi Brenda

Thanks a lot.
No i think they are not working anylonger. This website is becomming a problem after 15 years niw.new laws could anyway make me to close it... simply because it is not secure enough nowadays.
But what if everyone is leaving facebook now because they steal your data...ohoh.

[Like] 2 Scaaty , Brenda Scaaty , Brenda
[Reply] - [Readers: 592 ]

Scaaty
Apr-13-2018, 16:04 GMT
Ireland

Please dont close Bodo - cos I really hate facebook and all it entails. Ive only an account because of Paul Simon and even that gives me grief!!

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 520 ]

Page: [1]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread