Bottom

HeadlineFour shows in New York

Page: [1] [2]

AuthorComment

Håkan
Mar-12-2018, 15:30 GMT
USA - United Staates America

As expected:

"Today Paul Simon announced the final dates of Homeward Bound - The Farewell Tour, visiting the east coast and culminating with four shows in the New York City area: the Prudential Center on September 15 in Newark, NJ (the city where Paul was born), and two nights at Madison Square Garden on September 20 and 21, with an additional concert on September 22 to be announced soon.
Paul Simon and his band will embark on the artist's farewell tour May 16 in Vancouver, bringing to the stage a stunning, career-spanning repertoire of timeless hits and classic songs."

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1989 ]

Håkan  
Mar-12-2018, 16:05 GMT
USA - United Staates America

Now you can start speculate about "special guest appearance" on the last concert! ;)

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1974 ]

Erwin
Mar-12-2018, 19:48 GMT
Netherlands

VENUE ON SALE (All Times Local)
September 5 New Orleans, LA Smoothie King Center Sat, Mar. 17 @ 10am
September 7 Tampa, FL Amalie Arena Fri, Mar. 16 @ 10am
September 8 Ft. Lauderdale, FL BB&T Center Fri, Mar. 16 @ 10am
September 11 Orlando, FL Amway Center Fri, Mar. 16 @ 10am
September 12 Atlanta, GA Cellairis Amphitheatre Fri, Mar. 16 @ 10am
September 14 Washington, DC Capital One Arena Sat, Mar 24 @ 10am
September 15 Newark, NJ Prudential Center Fri, Mar. 16 @ 9am
September 17 Pittsburgh, PA PPG Paints Arena Fri, Mar. 16 @ 10am
September 20 New York, NY Madison Square Garden Fri, Mar. 16 @ 9am
September 21 New York, NY Madison Square Garden Fri, Mar. 16 @ 9am
September 22 New York, NY TBA

Art is free in september. Will he show up in New York?

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1949 ]

Simon
Mar-12-2018, 21:20 GMT
United Kingdom

So much for Hyde Park London being "the final performance"!
That's a rip off...

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1931 ]

Crimson
Mar-13-2018, 17:25 GMT
United Kingdom

Hyde Park is billed as “The Farewell Performance”. I took it as meaning the farewell to Europe performance. Paul is American so you expect him to finish his touring years nearer to home.

Whenever U2 decide to call it a day. I would expect the final show to be held in Dublin.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1836 ]

Simon
Mar-13-2018, 17:44 GMT
United Kingdom

should have been billed as the "Farewell - well that is to Hyde Park and the surrounding area... Performance"...
It was reported in many sources as the final live performance.
I am aware that Paul is American... Hyde Park followed the initial N American leg of the tour...

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1833 ]

Crimson
Mar-13-2018, 18:53 GMT
United Kingdom

I have no wish to engage in prolonged discussion about the Hyde Park show but my point is that it was never billed as the “final” performance as mentioned in your previous post.

[Like] 2 Brenda, Ans Brenda, Ans
[Reply] - [Readers: 1829 ]

Bodo
Mar-13-2018, 22:35 GMT
Austria

Think someone could still sell his Gold or diamond Tickets for Hyde PArk and with the money you make fly to New York... Does not really matter if Hyde is the last Show, cause all of the Shows are a kind of rip off...

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1803 ]

Simon
Mar-14-2018, 12:47 GMT
United Kingdom

afraid I can't justify paying for Gold / Diamond / Front row etc..... much prefer smaller inside shows too....

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1737 ]

mog
Mar-15-2018, 18:25 GMT
Canada

Could the last show be Central Park or it would be too late in the season ?

By the way, yMusic seems to be scheduled to be on tour with him, and the new 'old tunes' album is apparently scheduled to be released at the time of the tour.

I wonder how the tickets sell is going. He is taking his show to huge venues, but all of his last solo tour were in smaller settings. I remember I was at the ultimate balcony at his Place-des-Arts show in Montréal in 2016, and there were plenty of empty seats around me. Well, the farewell thing is supposed to attract crowds I guess.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1628 ]

Erwin
Mar-15-2018, 23:17 GMT
Netherlands

There is a possibility but as far as i know the last big concert in centraal park has been many years ago. The authorities are not so thrilled about it anymore i've read a while ago.

http://variety.com/2018/music/news/paul-simon-anno
unces-final-dates-of-farewell-tour-1202724064/

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1594 ]

Baggy
Mar-16-2018, 11:10 GMT
United Kingdom

I am supporting Simon's post above on the initial descriptions of Hyde Park as 'the final performance'. This was how i believe it was first described on the official ticket site for the Hyde Park summer series of concerts, and in the initial publicity in the UK. I think the wording was changed after about 48 hours when the poster appeared for Paul's tour which described it as a 'farewell tour'.

The difference is subtle and i am happy with my ticket, but Simon is right, and to my mind the wording was altered from what was a false description of the event. I am also aware that Paul Simon is American.... the legal duty lies with the promoter to accurately describe the event, not me to interpret it with what i think is likely to happen.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1558 ]

Bodo
Mar-16-2018, 17:19 GMT
Austria

It was billed as "farewell performance"
Which made most of us think "farewell to hyde Park", or farewell to UK...or farewell all over?

I am just saying, that everyone said: HE MUST END his career in New York, so it makes sense there are some more shows added now. It would be strange if his last show would be "Hyde Park - UK"

I did not see any price differences between Dublin, Amsterdam or Hyde Park, so I am going to Hyde Park as I prefer outdoor events and I can see James Taylor and Bonie Raitt. Not a bad deal at all then for that price.

Lets see if there is a central park concert... Not sure If I should go or not. A trip to New York was not on my list for 2018.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1521 ]

Petr
Mar-16-2018, 21:57 GMT
United Kingdom

I am just wondering where last NY concert is gonna be... Do you have some tips? What about Central Park?

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1492 ]

Bodo
Mar-17-2018, 09:39 GMT
Austria

@mog

this might answer your question:
https://http://www.ticketnews.com/2018/03/eric-cla
pton-paul-simon-otrii-best-sellers/

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1458 ]

Page: [1] [2]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread