Start a new Thread

Bottom

HeadlineFarewell Show this summer

Page: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6]

AuthorComment

Bodo
Feb-07-2018, 12:57 GMT
Austria

I am sure those promoters are working HARD and there is lots of pressure on Paul to do another LAST Simon and Garfunkel show/tour too.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 879 ]

Håkan
Feb-07-2018, 13:38 GMT
USA - United Staates America

More likely a S&G reunion will take place after the tour, in New York, at one specific concert (or with Art as a guest star). But I still doubt that this will happen. Art can't sing the third verse of Bridge Over Trobled Water any longer, so what would be the point?

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 869 ]

Scaaty
Feb-07-2018, 14:55 GMT
Ireland

The best would be an appearance by Artie at some of the last shows. I honestly dont think he would be able for a full concert. having read (listened)to his recent memoirs I dont think he does either.
don't know what do about concert - i didn't enjoy RDS the last time and it interferes with plans for Mongolian trip - maybe Amsterdam which could be done on the way!

[Like] 1 Bodo Bodo
[Reply] - [Readers: 850 ]

Erwin
Feb-07-2018, 17:39 GMT
Netherlands

Looking at Art tourdates it is possible he will show up somewhere. Perhaps to sing old friends or the boxer together with Paul. Who knows???

http://www.artgarfunkel.com/concerts.html

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 827 ]

Bodo
Feb-07-2018, 19:41 GMT
Austria

Erwin, Pauls tour starts on May 16 in the USA, Arts tour is already over then in the US and he plays a few more shows in Europe.

Where should he show up?

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 799 ]

Henk
Feb-07-2018, 21:34 GMT
Netherlands

Songkick said Art will have a guest appearance in Rendsburg on July 22, but I doubt if it's true. See: https://http://www.songkick.com/artists/389711-art
-garfunkel/calendar

If it's true it's just a week after the London show. Paul would be very humble if he gave Art a podium to perform 1 or 2 songs together. Just for old times sake.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 768 ]

Klausi  
Feb-08-2018, 08:42 GMT
Germany

A great comment in "The Federalist" by an intelligent young man who describes Paul as "Unparalleled American Musical Legend" and ranks him very high with only Bob Dylan as serious competition, but he personally prefers Simon.

He saw him in concert in 2016 and was very impressed.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 683 ]

Bodo
Feb-08-2018, 12:37 GMT
Austria

The guest will be "Central Park"

A S&G cover band

This is kind of weird, to have a cover band as you guest. Anyway, they might sound better than Artie ;-)

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 631 ]

Bodo
Feb-08-2018, 12:41 GMT
Austria

Klausi are you going to see Paul?

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 629 ]

Marieno
Feb-08-2018, 12:46 GMT
France

It is Paul's last tour and almost two pages about "Garfunkel, will he join"?

I don't want to see him, it is not S&G last tour. Imagine the media would only talk about the "reunion"!!!.
And it would be weird after all the bad things Garfy said about Paul...
I am selfish but for my last concert, i want a 100% Paul concert.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 627 ]

Scaaty
Feb-08-2018, 15:57 GMT
Ireland

Believe me I'm not interested in an S&G reunion. Its taken years for the Irish public not to keep calling for S&G songs and talking through Pauls solo work!!
Realistically though no concert is ever 100% Paul simon, he has always been involoved in collaborations and all the musicians are performers in their own right - I would see Arties presence for a couple of songs as a tribute to the early 60s work just like there are musicians there from the graceland and ROTS era. don forget In London and Dublin he is also sharing the stage with James Taylor

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 596 ]

Klausi
Feb-08-2018, 16:32 GMT
Germany

Hi Bodo, yes, on July 7 in Amsterdam with 5 friends. Ziggo Dome is great, if you have the right seats.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 586 ]

Erwin
Feb-08-2018, 16:52 GMT
Netherlands

All this talk about Art... i'm just saying Bodo that he might show up at one off Paul's concerts. But i believe they are not on speaking terms so it would really surprise me..

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 583 ]

Michiel
Feb-09-2018, 00:41 GMT
Netherlands

Well I'm the one who brought this up. Indeed a few songs is possible.. certainly. Chances are bigger than 10% I guess.. and Hakan, I'm not hoping for it really. Just mentioned the possibility. Bye the way, where is Ans, she always was on this site?

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 508 ]

Scaaty
Feb-09-2018, 01:31 GMT
Unknown

Was wondering about Ans myself! Normally She’d be the first with all the news

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 489 ]

Page: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread