Start a new Thread

Bottom

HeadlineFarewell Show this summer

Page: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6]

AuthorComment

Erwin
Feb-05-2018, 19:36 GMT
Netherlands

It is promoted as his farewell tour. Nothing much on James Taylor. I think he is playing in venues that er to big but let's see how ticketsales are going.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 879 ]

Bodo
Feb-05-2018, 19:42 GMT
Austria

James and Bonnie are only playing in Dublin and London.

It seems the Hyde Park people try to squeeze out as much as possible from us fans...hm Antwerp has good ticket prices. But yeah, if London is the very very last real concert, then the feeling there is outstanding.

And for the "normal" fan this will be the last show, cause those special events he is doing are usually way out of anyones money limit.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 875 ]

Erwin
Feb-05-2018, 19:49 GMT
Netherlands

I believe Amsterdam has the same prices. And for me personally I prefer indoor concerts more then outdoors. Hyde park is huge. Nothing for me also because Antwerp is a 1 hour drive and Amsterdam 2 hours from my hometown. That said I hope he will use big screens next to the stage on the indoor concerts..

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 870 ]

Michiel
Feb-06-2018, 03:32 GMT
Netherlands

According to the list London IS the very last concert. That doesn't surprise me, since England has a very special meaning for Paul.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 742 ]

Michiel
Feb-06-2018, 03:36 GMT
Netherlands

However, I still would not be surprised when NY was added to the list at some point. It indeed is a bit strange that it is not on the list. Maybe a final farewell S&G show, who knows, mark my words

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 740 ]

morganlee
Feb-06-2018, 07:19 GMT
New Zealand

Anyone got any idea on when a NYC date might be added. Seems very suspicious that it wasn't on there in the first place. Reason I'm asking is because as a young Paul Simon fan, I've never had the chance to see him live, and unfortunately I live in New Zealand so I'm trying to decide which show I fly to - it'll probably be London but I'd love to see a NYC, I just don't want to fluff around waiting to get tickets

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 707 ]

Erwin
Feb-06-2018, 08:13 GMT
Netherlands

Perhaps after the Londen show they will fly back to the states for a last run of dates in New York. Madison square garden or the beacun theatre...?

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 695 ]

Eertje
Feb-06-2018, 08:19 GMT
Netherlands

Or maybe a (free) concert in Central Park?
My husband and I will go to the Amsterdam concert. It's his birthday. So it will be a perfect gift.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 690 ]

Bodo
Feb-06-2018, 08:55 GMT
Austria

Remember that London is promoted as farewell Performance....

Central park does not allow any Rock concerts anylonger. Only classic music with picnic blankets

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 676 ]

Eertje
Feb-06-2018, 09:21 GMT
Netherlands

Thanks for the reply Bodo. Did not know that (obviously...)
Just saw some nostalgia in a concert over there :)

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 662 ]

Michiel
Feb-06-2018, 20:19 GMT
Netherlands

Why I think - even knowing that they are not on speaking terms - that there is a certain chance that AG will join Paul in London is that it is exactly this very good friend of Art, James Taylor, who maybe might be the bridge over their troubled waters. Simon giving his last full concert ever, with the best friend of AG as special guest, in a huge Park... without AG... sounds not logical.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 562 ]

Håkan  
Feb-07-2018, 08:09 GMT
USA - United Staates America

Don't get your hopes up, because it will not happen.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 486 ]

Henk
Feb-07-2018, 09:15 GMT
Netherlands

Art will give a concert in Germany on July 22. So technically it's possible, because he will be in Europe around that time. Well, I'll give it a 10% chance.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 475 ]

Søren
Feb-07-2018, 10:14 GMT
Denmark

Well, as much as I have preferred PS solo for now many years, I would not mind seeing (if not hearing) AG join him for a couple of songs in a farewell concert. It would probably sound terrible, to be honest, but I could live with that.

Anyway, I think the chances are below 1%.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 464 ]

Bodo
Feb-07-2018, 12:56 GMT
Austria

Me too, 1%.
But then I was wrong so often about things Paul will do in the future.

It would be a nice ending, if Artie comes up just for 1 song before the final encores. Otherwise it would "ruin" the farewell thing and turn it into a S&G farewell or reunion stuff.

On the other hand, Artie just said terrible things in the last 4-5 years about Paul. He does not deserve to be there.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 441 ]

Page: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread