Last live performance (?) in London this summer. Hmmm
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/news/paul-simon-a
nnounces-farewell-show-hyde-park-summer/

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 2076 ]

Hurricane  
Jan-31-2018, 15:07 GMT
United Kingdom

Tickets purchased! Yay! Anyone else???
I really hope that it’s not going to be his final ever UK concert - but I wouldn’t be surprised to find out that it will be. And a double-header with JT. Amazing!

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1959 ]

Søren
Jan-31-2018, 15:50 GMT
Denmark

Yes! Got mine as well.

If some of you aren't aware: There is a completely open "fan club presale" already open here:

https://http://www.axs.com/uk/events/342449/paul-s
imon-tickets/promopage/11678?skin=bst

BTW: This is SO annoying and somewhat nervewrecking, as I think Bodo mentioned in another thread. Noone knows if this will actually be the final concert, and certainly not if this will be the ONLY concert.

I mean, it's Hyde Park, it's with James Taylor and other guests, so I guess this could be a one off, but chances are it is not, I think...

But well, IF this is his last and only remaining concert, of course I have to attend. And if so, this would have to be the one and only time I spend £270+ on a single ticket to the freaking diamond circle. So that is what I did, I'm ashamed to admit :-)

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1950 ]

Scaaty  
Jan-31-2018, 16:07 GMT
Ireland

Why would he have his last concert in the UK - maybe because that is where the singer/songwriter part of Paul Simon started? Surely the US fans would expect a final farewell from their 'national treasure'? And as for the rest of us ......????????????
have a trip planned to go to Mongolia at that time -that has to be on hold now:(

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1946 ]

Nick
Jan-31-2018, 18:43 GMT
United Kingdom

Paul will be joined by Bonnie Raitt Blues slide guitarist and long time friend James Taylor. Other possible guests to be announced.

The show 15 July 2018 at London's Hyde Park will be a sell out general sale tickets go on sale 9 am Friday 2nd Feb.

The tour entitled Homeward Bound will I hope be recorded for DVD and CD release. Also it comes at a time when the official co oborated biography is released 8th May 2018

As to what next for Paul Simon in the future who knows it is fitting at 76 Paul is bowing out whilst he can still sing and play guitar.

As to this forum continuing after Paul retires that's up to Bodo. I would like to thank Bodo for all the years of Paul Simon news.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1913 ]

Marieno
Feb-01-2018, 09:31 GMT
France

But does it mean that he will not write and record new songs? That is the question...

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1801 ]

Bodo
Feb-01-2018, 09:50 GMT
Austria

I have no idea if this will be a "tour", one or two newspaper articles named it "tour", so there is hope.

But so far they seem to promote this show a lot as beeing "THE" thing. Tickets on the front cost 310 Euros, standing.

I am definately waiting, Hyde park is extreme big and at those ticket prices I do not expect this thing to be sold out very soon.

Also this looks more like a "goodbye" to London. Maybe he does not want to travel for 1-2 months anylonger far away from home, but will occasionally play shows around New York.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1795 ]

Søren
Feb-01-2018, 14:39 GMT
Denmark

Hi Bodo :-)

I agree pretty much with everything you said, and you are probably right about the tickets not being sold out soon.

I just could not see my self waiting, so I bought it. The front ticket prices are rediculous, I know (whatever happened to the days, where you could get in the front, if you were just willing to wait in a small alley in Dublin for a few hours? ;-) ) - and I almost feel bad for supporting that system by buying one. It's a one time thing - I promise!

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1754 ]

Bodo
Feb-01-2018, 17:52 GMT
Austria

Haha Soren, don't worry I do not blame you.

Dublin 2011 was one of the best shows I have visited. It is too bad those days are over and wont come back, I wish he would play very small places, I always enjoyed those shows much more.
In Dublin we could touch Pauls shoes from our place, at big shows, like Hyde Park, even if you wait for 12 hours and end up in the very first front row inside this Diamond-circle, you are still 10 meters away from the stage and a security guy is starring into your direction ;-)

Btw: I wonder why Pauls office does not respond to journalists asking if THIS is the final show. He seems to like that mysterie going on...

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1725 ]

Håkan  
Feb-02-2018, 16:01 GMT
USA - United Staates America

Of course you can't touch Paul's shoes any more. He has to protect them since they have diamonds on them!

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1589 ]

Søren
Feb-04-2018, 08:51 GMT
Denmark

Vicar Street, Dublin 2011 was probably my best Paul Simon Concert, and I’m so glad I got to see him play a small venue like that (even though we didn’t suceed in altering the setlist ;-) ).

Hyde Park will be completely different and even though I paid a lot more than in 2011, I do not expect it to be as good. Of course, if this is indeed a farewell concert, it will be special too.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1426 ]

Michiel
Feb-04-2018, 11:47 GMT
Netherlands

I booked my ticket for Hyde Park, gold section. Also booked my flight and hotel in Luton (affordable prices there). I guess this concert will be a real happening, regardless of being the last one ever. In Luton, which is only half hour by train, a hotel only costs 90 pounds in total for two nights. I've seen simon solo appr 15 times, and I don't want to miss this one. Come on Bodo.. would be fun to meet you there in Hyde Park

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1409 ]

Michiel  
Feb-04-2018, 12:07 GMT
Netherlands

I'll buy you a drink then :-)

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1403 ]

Scaaty  
Feb-04-2018, 12:33 GMT
France

Great to see the wonderful comments about Vicar St. Not only was it possible to see the band up close but I met and spoke to Bakhiti, And of course people from this Forum. In case anyone is in any doubt normally Paul Simon plays in big venues in Dublin Vicars st was a once off. Although Artie has played there a few times. I’m hoping there will be a tour and we get at one final concert in whatever venue

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1397 ]

Søren
Feb-04-2018, 20:06 GMT
Denmark

Count me in (on meeting up AND buying Bodo a drink if he joins us)

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1355 ]

Page: [1] [2] [3] ... [5] [6]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread