Start a new Thread

Bottom

HeadlineArt Garfunkel autobiography

Page: [1]

AuthorComment

Nick
Sep-18-2017, 15:20 GMT
United Kingdom

Don't forget Art publishes his autobiography I think 22-09-2017.

Should be an interesting read!!!

Use SEND to share on Facebook or A.M.P.S

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1439 ]

Ans
Sep-18-2017, 16:32 GMT
Netherlands

Really??? The first review in The Washington Post is not very positive.

Here a part of the review:

"Garfunkel’s book, however, is a splattering of 30-plus years of handwritten thoughts, lists, travel notes, bad poetry, confessions, snarky digs, platitudes and prayers gussied up for publication in different fonts and sizes.

Reading it is like rummaging through a huge junk drawer of the mind. You might find something useful."

[Like] 2 Marieno, Brenda Marieno, Brenda
[Reply] - [Readers: 1430 ]

Marieno
Sep-19-2017, 07:35 GMT
France

Here the link:

https://http://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainmen
t/books/art-garfunkel-opens-up-and-what-spills-out
-is-a-fascinating-mess/2017/09/13/469927b8-97a1-11
e7-82e4-f1076f6d6152_story.html

I must say that this book could be a good laugh...

[Like] 1 Ans Ans
[Reply] - [Readers: 1392 ]

Bodo
Sep-19-2017, 16:18 GMT
Austria

haha :-)

I like the review.
It might be very accurate, sounds like Garfunkel.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1358 ]

Glnk
Sep-19-2017, 18:59 GMT
USA - United Staates America

It may be good for Art to get another side of the story out...if the method to his madness is not just a set up for publicity like the 'feuds' with Simon but presented in a way that people can finally sympathize with, as I think he is quite a likable guy underneath it all.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1344 ]

Marieno
Sep-20-2017, 07:52 GMT
France

But most of people already think that Paul Simon is the bad guy in this story despite all Garfunkel can do or say, and even if Paul never says a bad thing about AG.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1303 ]

Håkan
Sep-20-2017, 12:27 GMT

Most of the people don't even care (or know about) any feud between these two people.

Simon has made some negative remarks about Art in the past, but it was quite a long time ago. Art seems to have made the opposite journey and be more and more negative against Paul the older he gets.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1284 ]

Bodo
Sep-20-2017, 18:48 GMT
Austria

I wonder what bad things Simon said about Garfunkel. I must have been too young.

[Like] 1 Marieno Marieno
[Reply] - [Readers: 1266 ]

Glnk
Sep-21-2017, 02:07 GMT
Unknown

It is hard to say how much of the public 'jokes' directed at the other were stage managed or part of the act and how much were delivered with real feeling. I think Art has basically been offended at Paul distancing himself in interviews from S&G songs and it is a very sensitive point.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1241 ]

Marieno
Sep-21-2017, 22:57 GMT
France

Hakan, go on Youtube and read the comments of S&G videos, many are harsh with Paul: a jealous little guy with a bad voice who was not nice with this poor Arthur and who broke the duo because this jealousy...

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1180 ]

Håkan
Sep-22-2017, 13:23 GMT

Marieno: As I said: There has been (historically) many harsh words from both of them. Earlier most of them would come from Paul and lately it has been Art who has behaved like a jerk.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1139 ]

Ans  
Sep-24-2017, 08:38 GMT
Netherlands

Paul is definitely the smartest of the two :) he put all that stuff behind him and enjoys life.

BTW, who wants to make music with Art or invite him to do a benefit concert these days....

[Like] 1 Bodo Bodo
[Reply] - [Readers: 1040 ]

Ans
Sep-24-2017, 12:11 GMT
Netherlands

The people who make these comments about Paul on Youtube should not be taken seriously. Thankfully Paul has still many many fans who appreciate his music and his philanthropic work!

Artie and the people who make these stupid comments on YT live in a narrow world.

[Like] 1 Scaaty Scaaty
[Reply] - [Readers: 1024 ]

KLausi
Oct-16-2017, 14:44 GMT
Germany

In the Letterman Show 1982 Paul answered, asked "Did Art Garfunkel ever get on your nerves"?

"He always gets on my nerves, ... when I say periodically, I mean, when we are together, then probably every day".

It was not meant nasty and later he said friendly things about Art Garfunkel. It was during their world-wide tour and later they both appeared in one of Letterman`s next shows.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 838 ]

Page: [1]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread