Start a new Thread

Bottom

Headlinephoto and paintings exibition "bridge over troubled water"

Page: [1]

AuthorComment

Bert Oerlemans
Feb-21-2017, 16:41 GMT
Belgium

I truly hope that this message somehow gets to Paul. Simon and / or Art Garfunkel. Dear Paul, dear Art; Let me first introduce us. We (exposure.Limburg) are a Belgian group of Art painters and photographers. Every year we have one or more expositions in Belgium. Sometimes we force ourselves to work around a specific theme. For next year our theme is "Bridge over troubled water". That means that in spring next year we will have an exposition of around 40 paintings and photographs all with some kind of link to, in my opinion, one of the best albums in history. For the moment this message is the first time we communicate anything about this project outside of our group. In Belgium and surrounding countries connecting "art" and music is done quite often but almost alway s connected with classical music. I would like to break this habbit and try something else. Besides that, if "Bridge over troubled water" is not classical music, then what is ? We intend to play the album through the exposition weekend and hope it will be such a succes that we can tour around with the exposition in our nabour countries. So, to make a very long story a bit short: any input from you, a mail, a letter, a telephone call,..... that we could use in our exposition would be a dream come through. Am I a fan ?.... I was there when you played in Rotterdam, the Netherlands in 1983 or 84. seeing and hearing the two of you playing "sounds of silcence" in a stadium with 35.000 people is the absolute top memory of my life. Nothing has ever been better. So, whatever, however, whenever you could do anything for us, it will be another top memory for me and my whole group. If there is anything else you want or need to know before doing anything for us, please let me know. I truly hope tp hear from you. Best regards, Bert Oerlemans.

Use SEND to share on Facebook or A.M.P.S

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 622 ]

Michiel
Feb-23-2017, 06:18 GMT
Netherlands

S&G Netherlands was in 1982

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 534 ]

Håkan
Feb-24-2017, 15:21 GMT
USA - United Staates America

Neither Paul or Art are reading the messages in this forum (at least, not that we know of). So hopefully you will find other channels to get throught to them.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 471 ]

Page: [1]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread