Bottom

Headline2016 Ultimate Classic Rock Awards

Page: [1] [2] [3] [4]

AuthorComment

Richard USVI
Jan-13-2017, 22:02 GMT
USA - United Staates America

Hakan,
Feel free to be as embarrassed as you choose. I, on the other hand, think it shows a devoted fan base.

[Like] 2 Scaaty , Cécilia Scaaty , Cécilia
[Reply] - [Readers: 950 ]

Brenda
Jan-14-2017, 09:31 GMT
Australia

Totally agree Richard. Also shows how many fans agree Stranger to Stranger ranks amongst Paul's best work. A totally deserved honour. Received terrific reviews too. 2016 has been a great year for Paul. Top album, no 1 position on album charts at 72 and what a tour ! We are indeed blessed.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 919 ]

Michiel
Jan-18-2017, 08:47 GMT
Netherlands

72? I guess you mean 74...

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 780 ]

Michiel
Jan-18-2017, 08:48 GMT
Netherlands

I'm not used to Brenda making mistakes :-). You can regard this as a compliment

[Like] 1 Brenda Brenda
[Reply] - [Readers: 779 ]

Brenda
Jan-20-2017, 01:02 GMT
Australia

I do a lot of typos Michiel ! usually manage to correct them before posting ! Yes Paul was 74 when Stranger went to no 1 in the UK and 73 when The Ultimate Collection reached no 1 in April 1975.

[Like] 1 Michiel Michiel
[Reply] - [Readers: 695 ]

Scaaty  
Jan-20-2017, 23:08 GMT
Ireland

73 in 1975?? Now that is a typo Brenda - but I think you're only testing us now!

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 644 ]

Brenda
Jan-23-2017, 01:18 GMT
Australia

Just kidding Scaaty !

[Like] 1 Scaaty Scaaty
[Reply] - [Readers: 590 ]

Håkan
Jan-24-2017, 09:23 GMT

Richard USVI,

I think it clearly shows that this "award" was nothing but a joke. We even had members here in the forum BRAGGING about howm many times they voted! I think I know what Paul Simon would have thought of that if he knew...

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 535 ]

Brenda
Jan-26-2017, 10:26 GMT
Australia

You could vote every hour. Just shows to me how appreciative of Paul's latest album some of us are. I really fail to understand why you have a problem with this Hakan. Apart from the fact you liked the Monkees album more. The best album won. I believe Paul would be happy to know he has so many dedicated and loyal fans. Great publicity anyway for a brilliant album. Well done everyone !

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 500 ]

Håkan
Jan-26-2017, 10:33 GMT

"The best album won."
That's your opinion, and I respect that.
Still, if you don't understand why I "have a problem" with multiple votes from the same persons over and over again, I probably can't explain it to you.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 498 ]

Bodo
Jan-26-2017, 11:12 GMT
Austria

You take this waaaay to serious Hakan.
If you would have followed the postings on facebook you would see that most of Pauls fans just saw this as a funny thing to beat the Monkeys and Bowie fans (who also did multiple votings, what else) or make jokes about US voting, electoral voting..whatever. It was fun to read.

If this (ultimate...) would be any well known website we would not have had any chance. There are the Stones, Sting, Metallica, Dylan, Clapton and Green Day on that list, all those musicians have a much bigger fanbase than Paul. And of course: All of them would have started a multiple-voting thread.
Votings for something "best" in art are always stupid, as they pure reflect sales numbers and not artistical quality.

[Like] 3 Scaaty , Brenda, Jochen Scaaty , Brenda, Jochen
[Reply] - [Readers: 494 ]

Brenda
Jan-27-2017, 09:55 GMT
Australia

Yes, it really was great fun Bodo! Enjoyed every moment of the 5 weeks voting ! It was great keeping score with PS fans from all over the world. I and many others really do believe that Paul'ALBUM and WAS THE BEST !. Guess we had more stamina than the Monkees and Bowie fans ! Winners are Grinners .

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 454 ]

Michiel
Jan-28-2017, 09:00 GMT
Netherlands

Hakan, I respect your opinion.

[Like] 1 Håkan Håkan
[Reply] - [Readers: 412 ]

Brenda
Jan-28-2017, 11:08 GMT
Australia

It was great fun voting ! We had 380 comments on the AMPS FB thread for Album of the Year !

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 401 ]

Håkan  
Jan-31-2017, 08:04 GMT

"You take this waaaay to serious"

Really?? I take it too serious? When in fact I take it as a joke! I think those person who vote again and again take it too serious.

And by the way, it is spelled Monkees...

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 329 ]

Page: [1] [2] [3] [4]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread