Start a new Thread

Bottom

HeadlineArt should have sang Dazzling Blue

Page: [1]

AuthorComment

Brenda
Oct-20-2016, 06:17 GMT
Australia

How much better Dazzling Blue would have been if Paul had let Art sing it with his beautiful rich voice. Only a minute clip uploaded by Peter Carlin's publisher but a couple of errors too.
https://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WH6n1H_yFVI

Use SEND to share on Facebook or A.M.P.S

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 721 ]

Håkan
Oct-20-2016, 06:48 GMT
USA - United Staates America

And Art doesn't have that "rich and beautiful voice" anymore, so not an option anyway.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 719 ]

Brenda
Oct-20-2016, 09:28 GMT
Australia

Tell that to Peter Ames Carlin !

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 701 ]

Håkan
Oct-20-2016, 10:13 GMT

Maybe he spoke purely hypothetically? I guess there are always some Paul Simon song that would fit Garfunkel better than others.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 693 ]

Richard USVI
Oct-20-2016, 17:28 GMT

I am in the minority, but I have always felt that Paul is a better singer. He certainly has a greater emotional range than Garfunkel. Garfunkel obviously had an influence on S&G's sound, but Paul could have sung lead on everything, in my opinion. And yes, I include Bridge and For Emily on that list. There are a few of Paul's solo songs where Garfunkel's voice (either in harmony or by taking over the break) might be nice. But we will never know for certain.

[Like] 1 Isabelle Isabelle
[Reply] - [Readers: 652 ]

Bodo
Oct-20-2016, 22:27 GMT

I still wonder why someone who clearly dislikes the persons decission and tries to find small and one-sided bad stories about him, is writing a biography about this person.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 618 ]

Brenda
Oct-21-2016, 06:08 GMT
Australia

I agree with you Richard about Paul's voice, I have always thought Art more concerned with how he his voice was sounding than on the lyrics. And Bodo , I think it is all about making money ! He is also probably miffed that neither Paul, or any of his friends ,family or ex wives would talk to him. Whereas the author of the official biographer has access to everyone with Paul 's blessing. By the way the comments pointing out the errors in the comments section of the video h
ave been deleted and further comments are disabled.

[Like] 1 Isabelle Isabelle
[Reply] - [Readers: 594 ]

Håkan  
Oct-21-2016, 06:37 GMT

"Peter Ames Carlin, author of Homeward Bound, discusses Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel's relationship."

I thought Paul wrote "Homeward Bound", or am I missing something? ;)

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 591 ]

Brenda
Oct-22-2016, 00:07 GMT
Australia

The title of the book is "Homeward Bound " Paul said once the song title was already in use as a phrase when he wrote the song. He had no claim to it. Regarding Art singing on 'Dazzling Blue " Carlin was referring to Art wanting to record as S and G again and Paul would not agree as he liked to be in control. Carlin appears to think it would be a good idea. It is almost unbelievable that someone who has spent the greater part of three years researching a book on PS could think this could be a possibility.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 541 ]

Page: [1]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread