Start a new Thread

Bottom

HeadlineWalter Yetnikoff

Page: [1]

AuthorComment

Klausi
Jul-29-2016, 14:02 GMT
Germany

He was the Boss of CBS/Columbia after Clive Davis.

If you want to read something negative about Paul Simon, here it is.

The title of his book, published in 2004 is "Howling at the Moon" and reminds to Paul`s song "Werewolf"...

Use SEND to share on Facebook or A.M.P.S

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1160 ]

Brenda
Jul-30-2016, 03:30 GMT
Australia

Yetnikoff also made negative comments about many other artists in his book,including Mick Jagger and Springsteen. No secret Paul and he were enemies. wasn't there a lawsuit ? Paul once threatened to put out a series of Elizabethan sonnets set to music for the final record for CBS. It is thought Walter Fox in OTP was based on him. Really it is amazing Yetnikoff remembers anything of his time there as he was so full of drugs and alcohol.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1085 ]

Klausi
Jul-30-2016, 17:15 GMT
Germany

Hi Brenda,

there was a lawsuit. Paul complained that he did not get all royalties he deserved. In fact the Album "Still crazy" is not confirmed Platinum up to now which is a joke. Even Garfunkel`s "Breakaway" is Platinum.

Paul then offered to record an album of songs not written by him as last Album, which he owed to Columbia. Yetnikoff rejected it.

Finally Paul paid 1,5 Million Dollars to release him from recording that Album. The last Album from Columbia is Greatest Hits etc. It went Platinum and Slip slidin` away went Gold. Both sold more than a Million copies.

Then he changed to Warners. Yetnikoff was upset and "bought" James Taylor from Warners for Columbia.

Walter Fox is certainly meant as a man like Yetnikoff.

[Like] 2 Brenda, Chris67 Brenda, Chris67
[Reply] - [Readers: 1027 ]

Brenda
Aug-09-2016, 23:31 GMT
Australia

Thanks for the info Klausi No love lost there between them !

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 907 ]

Matthew Evans
Aug-10-2016, 11:18 GMT
USA - United Staates America

From the 1984 Playboy interview:

"When I left CBS, it became company policy there to make life as difficult as possible for me. And that began a terrible personal battle between me and Walter Yetnikoff, the president of the company. It ended only when I threatened to subpoena people to testify that he had told them he was going to ruin my career."

[Like] 1 Brenda Brenda
[Reply] - [Readers: 870 ]

Page: [1]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread