Start a new Thread

Bottom

HeadlineOne mans ceiling in Philadelphia

Page: [1]

AuthorComment

Bodo
Jun-26-2016, 15:18 GMT
USA - United Staates America

One mans ceiling was played yesterday in Philadelphia.

Whole set has now 25 songs. Thats a very long show.

Use SEND to share on Facebook or A.M.P.S

[Like] 2 Brenda, Isabelle Brenda, Isabelle
[Reply] - [Readers: 1125 ]

Brenda
Jun-27-2016, 10:38 GMT
Australia

Would love to see a video of that !

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1039 ]

Håkan  
Jun-28-2016, 12:01 GMT

Didn't we already get a live version of this song in the year 2000 tour and the following DVD? There are lots of other tracks från that album that I would have loved to hear live? "Was a Sunny Day", "Learn How to Fall", "Tenderness"...

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 960 ]

Bodo
Jun-28-2016, 16:44 GMT

Never happy Hakan?

It is 14 years ago that Paul played that song. For some other artists that are 2 careers..

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 928 ]

Brenda
Jun-29-2016, 04:32 GMT
Australia

Paul also played One Man's Ceiling at Wolftrap Vienna Bodo. Paul Fournier recorded it. Four great HD videos on his channel from the show.
https://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksryWQnPrnw

He also added a cover version of Elvis :That's All Right Mama at the second show.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 885 ]

Håkan
Jun-29-2016, 08:29 GMT

"It is 14 years ago that Paul played that song."

And how many years has it been since he played the song I mentioned? 40?

It's not about me being happy, it's about his reluctance to include songs that are outside his own favorites.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 867 ]

Bodo
Jun-30-2016, 01:05 GMT

Not sure if he ever played all (or even one) of the 3 songs you mentioned (I am sure someone can look trough his 1970s bootlegs). I like them a lot, would love to hear Learn how too fall.
Anyway, I was happy with the set he did.
I must admit, I even much more prefer him playing older (seldom played) songs than new songs. It is just that most of the newer songs do not work very well for a live audience. They have no easy line to sing along, some not even a chorus. As I would not expect him to play Tenderness or Ace in the hole, Jonah or God bless the absenteee I am happy with One mans ceiling.

Interesting that Adrian asked him to play that song BTW. He was a little boy when on tour with Paul in 2002, so maybe he liked that song the most. Hopefully this was not a wish like "Dad, before you retire please play that song one more time..."

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 787 ]

Håkan  
Jun-30-2016, 11:11 GMT

On the plus side... I think it is nice that he is playing "Duncan" again. Have never heard it live, hope he keeps it in the show for the European tour.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 758 ]

Page: [1]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread