www.paul-simon.info 
The neck of my Guitar

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread

Bottom

HeadlineMy dad left me a Paul Simon songbook. Can you help me ID it?

Page: [1]

AuthorComment

Sivert
Feb-27-2015, 03:26 GMT
Norway

When I was 10 years old my father bought me a steel string guitar and a book containing 50 (I think) of Paul Simon's songs (chords, lyrics and sheet music). I spent hours and hours through my teenage years practicing and playing the songs over and over on my guitar until I got everything just right. In a way this book and Paul Simon's music is the strongest link I now have to my father after he passed away three years ago. Simon's lyrics helps me "communicate" with my dad. And of course, this book is very significant in doing so. I cannot find the book anymore, so I have decided to try to go online to buy another copy. The only problem is I don't know the title of the book, the specific title. All I can remember is that the book has a white cover with a smiling Paul wearing a black sports jacket over his blue T-shirt. "Paul Simon "is printed on the front. Possibly "the definitive (?)" too - although googling that gives me nothing. The back of the book is all white with the 50 odd songs on the backside. Does anyone know which book I'm talking about, and if so, would that person be able to help me with the link - or maybe just a specific title? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Use SEND to share on Facebook or A.M.P.S

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 558 ]

Bodo
Feb-28-2015, 16:02 GMT
Mexico

Hi, is it this one?
http://www.woodbrass.com/variete-internationale-pa
roles%26accord-music-sales-the-definitive-paul-sim
on-songbook-melody-line-lyrics-and-chords-p175692.
html

It might be an earlier out of print version of the same book, so I would suggest ebay to find older used versions.

BOdo

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 516 ]

DannyC
Mar-01-2015, 05:04 GMT
USA - United Staates America

I am 90% sure this is it. I have the same book that my dad got to me and its fantastic. Has about 50 songs in it as well. Hope this is it.

http://www.amazon.com/PAUL-SIMON-GREATEST-Simon-Ga
rfunkel/dp/0825613574/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1
425182599&sr=8-5&keywords=paul+simon+great
est+hits+guitar+book

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 496 ]

Page: [1]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread