Start a new Thread

Bottom

HeadlinePaul at Everly Tribute - Rolling Stone article

Page: [1]

AuthorComment

Bodo  
Oct-31-2014, 10:32 GMT
Austria

A remarkable short and intimate concert by Paul in Nashville to tribute Phil Everly.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/live-reviews/pau
l-simon-phil-everly-nashville-tribute-20141030

Quick and funny notes:
Ticket prices range from500 to 30.000$. When Paul asked a woman sitting in the 2nd row if she had bought that view, she nodded yes. Simon smiled: "I wouldn't have paid that."

Note 2:
Paul belongs now to the group of artists who use pre-recorded whistle tracks onstage (Me and Julio)

Use SEND to share on Facebook or A.M.P.S

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1083 ]

Brenda
Oct-31-2014, 12:02 GMT
Australia

I read the article differently to you ,Bodo, that Paul did not use pre recorded whistle.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1078 ]

Richard USVI
Oct-31-2014, 13:36 GMT
USA - United Staates America

I agree with Brenda. I think the writer was trying to point out that unlike some others, Paul actually did his own whistling.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1074 ]

Bodo
Oct-31-2014, 13:51 GMT
Austria

Ops, sorry.
Yeah I was wondering anyway why Paul should stop whisteling now. Remember his whisteling was bad in the late 1990s, then Jim from the band was doing the whistle solo for some time...and later Paul did it again (better than before). I wonder, did he take whistle-lessons? ;-)
Hm, so how can I delete that error now...

What does he author mean when he/she writes: "take note: artists who use pre-recorded whistle tracks onstage.
I mean, whom?

[Like] 1 Brenda Brenda
[Reply] - [Readers: 1072 ]

mog
Oct-31-2014, 15:49 GMT
Canada

Read the RS article.

I was surprised. I thought that he would really do a concert of mostly EB songs, arrangements of songs from them that marked him. Instead, it was a mini-acoustic performance of his stuff. Mystery Train: we know it by heart now; Here Comes The Sun: done in 2009 for the R&R 25th anniversary concerts in New Yorkl 'Will I Ever Be Loved': done for the Sting and Simon tour.

No, really, I would not have paid much for that show.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1069 ]

Ans  
Oct-31-2014, 19:11 GMT
Netherlands

I think it was a nice mix of songs including a duet with Brenda Lee for a wonderful acoustic tribute for Phil Everly and to raise funds for the COPD Foundation. Well done Paul!

[Like] 2 Scaaty , Brenda Scaaty , Brenda
[Reply] - [Readers: 1055 ]

Brenda
Nov-03-2014, 01:15 GMT
Australia

Well done indeed Paul and Mark. Patti Everly said that when she reached out to Paul to headline the private concert he was honored to help. Paul has always been very generous performing in very many benefits over the years. The set list included two Everly Bros songs" When will I Be Loved ?" and the duet with Brenda Lee "All I have to do us Dream"? It was a tribute to Phil Everly and not an Everly Bros Tribute Show. I agree with Ans it was a nice mix of songs and for a great cause which people who attended would be happy to support.

[Like] 3 Bodo, Scaaty , Ans Bodo, Scaaty , Ans
[Reply] - [Readers: 988 ]

Page: [1]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread