Start a new Thread

Bottom

HeadlineOne Trick Pony video

Page: [1]

AuthorComment

Matthew  
Oct-26-2014, 11:28 GMT
United Kingdom

On the Youtube Paul Simon Vevo channel, Sony have uploaded a video of One-Trick Pony. I exprected it to be the music video clip from the film but it appears to be a live performance possible with the album track overdubbed. The applause at the end definitely seems to be overdubbed (Paul Simon a Special style).

Has anyone seen this? http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zDylgpGHcic

Use SEND to share on Facebook or A.M.P.S

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 962 ]

Matthew  
Oct-26-2014, 18:49 GMT
United Kingdom

There's another one from Sony, again uploaded in 2014. Doesn't look like it's from the One Trick Pony film, this time with no audience but apparently live, at least it's filmed on a stage and it's a different track from the album.

This time it has been top and tailed with some footage from the period of a city street scene, and here I smell a rat! In the closing seconds the camera pans to a neon light that simply says Sony. Warner Bros would never have allowed that on their music videos so it looks like they have produced this video recently using archive unreleased footage.

Here's a link: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IIwi6DTP7pw

There's also a funny comment about the single dislike proving Art has a Youtube account ;)

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 948 ]

Bodo
Oct-26-2014, 21:54 GMT
Austria

I think I saw this one before...on a old VHS tape

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 934 ]

Brenda
Oct-27-2014, 00:12 GMT
Australia

thanks for posting the links Matthew. Anyone know where Late in the Evening was performed. Great video!

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 927 ]

Matthew  
Oct-27-2014, 00:58 GMT
United Kingdom

Bodo - did it say Sony at the end of the old one you saw on VHS?

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 926 ]

Bodo
Oct-27-2014, 12:46 GMT
Austria

I really would have to check about that Matthew.

I once tried to make a DVD of Pauls videos...and had this one on my list. Anyway, there aren't many music videos around. Some are just live or studio sessions (like Bernadette or H&B or this one)

Anyone remember that strange video for Outrageous from 2006. Still I am not sure if this was official. And I've never seen it in a watchable quality (above 180 lines or something)

I think it is funny that Paul really made only about 5-6 real videos, but the YCCMA video is one of the best from the 1980's...everyone knows that one.

I think the only real music video with a artistical background Paul made since 1991 was the one for Getting ready. Ok, Father & daughter has one too, but it was more like a deal with the moviemakers and is not really artistical outstanding. Who killed the videostar? :-)

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 897 ]

Matthew
Oct-27-2014, 19:56 GMT
United Kingdom

Yes there aren't very many videos for his songs, even the ones that were singles.

One-trick Pony provides a few opportunities because some of the songs are shown complete. So it is strange that Sony have released these which appear to have been put out this year.

One of the Think Too Much songs has a video that doesn't feature Paul as does Rene & Georgette Magritte, Thelma and Outrageous which you mentioned. There's a few recycled ones like Born At The Right Time (which uses footage from previous videos) and then oddities like Me & Julio which seems to have been produced for Negotiations but wasn't rereleased as a single.

It's all very odd. Personally I think a killer video for Allergies in the style of Dire Straits' Money for Nothing would have transformed the success of the Hearts & Bones album. Everything else that Nile Rodgers and Greg Phillinganes worked on at that time was huge on MTV so it seems a missed opportunity.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 873 ]

Marieno  
May-21-2015, 20:22 GMT
France

For those who have never watched One Trick Pony, here the full movie on line:

vimeo.com/76436357

Thanks to simonandgarfunkelnews

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 718 ]

Page: [1]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread