www.paul-simon.info 
The neck of my Guitar

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread

Bottom

HeadlineWill Simon and Garfunkel write their autobiography?

Page: [1]

AuthorComment

Nicholas Grace
Sep-16-2014, 16:43 GMT
United Kingdom

With Simon and Garfunkel about to celebrate their 50 years in the music business is it about time they sat down and wrote their autobiography? I would love Paul and Art to write a joint life story as it can only be in my opinion told as a joint one. What does the forum think?

I feel that if they could put arguments to one side their book would make for a good read. To have two individual books won't work as they could argue re what they have said was not how it happened,

Could they actually write the book or would augments prevent this. I hope they could

Use SEND to share on Facebook or A.M.P.S

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 412 ]

Scaaty
Sep-17-2014, 00:25 GMT
Ireland

Well I suppose if you just want an autobiography that ends when they reached 30 or thereabouts! However much of Paul Simons best work occurred during the following 40 years, and I'm sure art garfunkel also had a life worth recording in those 40 or so years. So I think separate autobiographies as they are 2 separate people would be more appropriate!

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 391 ]

Bodo
Sep-17-2014, 00:45 GMT
Austria

Think the same as Scaaty, there isn't much to say what they did together since 1969. Touring a little bit, then decades of not meeting each other. It would be a book titled "Why my best friend can't be my friend"

I would of course like to read a Paul Simon biography. But on the other hand he has made many video documentaries in the past, so there might not be much to say/write anymore about the music - and I am sure he wants to keep the private things very private. So he will not write about his family or his friends (like George Harrison...).

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 389 ]

Jupira  
Sep-18-2014, 18:58 GMT
Brazil

Never heard about a biography envolving two different artists together!!
I also would prefer 2 separated books -and buy the Paul Simon's one, of course...
Not much interested in Art's adventures...

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 307 ]

Page: [1]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread