Start a new Thread

Bottom

HeadlineFavourite Paul album and why?

Page: [1] [2]

AuthorComment

billy
May-20-2014, 22:44 GMT
United Kingdom

Hi, I\´m new here, I\´m from the UK, my name is Billy and I\´m 24 years old. Paul is my favourite artist, I love his music so very much!

Which is your fave albums, my top 2 are The Rhythm of The Saints & Hearts And Bones, both masterpieces. I love every Paul album however.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 709 ]

Bodo
May-21-2014, 04:13 GMT
USA - United Staates America

Hi Billy

You are welcome.
I agree on your selection of albums...well I could maybe speak for most of us and say we agree on these 2 albums ;-)

But at the moment my favourite might be "Paul Simon", there are really some outstanding compositions on that album, songs which he never played live since the early 70s. When I think of complicated compositions with lot of variations in speed and rhyhtm than "Paul Simon" might be the best, he again became as good with "So beautiful...".

Just listening:
Armistice day
Peace like a river

[Like] 2 Brenda, Billy Brenda, Billy
[Reply] - [Readers: 706 ]

Brenda
May-22-2014, 12:07 GMT
Australia

My favourite album is "Surprise" and honestly everything else is my second favourite. Love them all!

[Like] 1 Billy Billy
[Reply] - [Readers: 689 ]

Brenda
May-22-2014, 12:08 GMT
Australia

Welcome to the Forum, Billy

[Like] 1 Billy Billy
[Reply] - [Readers: 689 ]

billy
May-22-2014, 17:12 GMT
United Kingdom

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! :) I just wrote a massive post out but it was deleted by accident!!

I just wanted to say how I much I love The Rhythm of The Saints album, the album is just total perfection in my opinion. Those poetic lyrics, complex melodies, instrumentation, vocals, it's all woven perfectly to make a masterpiece, definition of timeless..

Hearts And Bones is criminally underrated as well, crazy! It was the intimacy and closeness of Paul's music that drew me in and this album really touches upon that, so stunning.

- Bodo, glad we can agree on the best albums. :) Yes the self titled is amazing, one that I'm listening to more recently, impressive work yet again from Paul. My relationship with Paul's albums change as time goes on, this is a potential favourite.

- Brenda, interesting choice. I love that Paul worked with Eno on that one, it worked very well, some of my favourite songs ever are on there. :)

By the way do any of you guys know anything about Paul's upcoming album? I'm so excited to hear it!

Thanks again.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 684 ]

billy
May-22-2014, 17:20 GMT
United Kingdom

One-Trick Pony is really underrated as well in my opinion.

[Like] 1 Brenda Brenda
[Reply] - [Readers: 683 ]

Ans
May-23-2014, 13:14 GMT
Netherlands

Whenever I play my selfmade albums with songs from Paul people are not familiar with they are surprised and tell me they like these songs and often ask to play them again :)

[Like] 1 Billy Billy
[Reply] - [Readers: 674 ]

Richard USVI
May-23-2014, 15:26 GMT
USA - Virgin Islands

Hearts and Bones is my favorite, too. But I am hard-pressed to pick a second favorite, they are all so special! There are great songs on each.

[Like] 1 Billy Billy
[Reply] - [Readers: 669 ]

billy
May-24-2014, 00:33 GMT
United Kingdom

Yep Hearts And Bones might just be my joint fave from Paul. It's so perfect. :)

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 651 ]

Glenn
Aug-14-2014, 08:45 GMT

One Trick Pony is not only my favorite album by Paul but is in my top 5 albums of all time by anyone. When I first bought the album I used to play side one most of the time because it had all the singles on it but then I really started paying more attention to side two and since then those tracks remain my favorite. God Bless The Absentee is in my opinion the best song Paul has ever recorded.

The band was great. Pretty much the same band that played on the reunion concerts.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 587 ]

Bodo
Aug-14-2014, 18:28 GMT

I really love the song God bless the absentee - and Jonah.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 575 ]

Han
Aug-14-2014, 23:13 GMT
Spain

My son's second name is Jonah. Named after the character and the song in the movie. Jonah is such a great song.

[Like] 1 Bodo Bodo
[Reply] - [Readers: 567 ]

Nick
Aug-15-2014, 18:14 GMT
United Kingdom

My favourite album has to be solo The Paul Simon Song Book just Paul and his guitar. The rawness of the songs before he re recorded some of them as duets with Art Garfunkel. To hear the power of Sounds Of Silence the guitar part getting pounder as the power of the song rings out.

Simon and Garfunkel's Bridge Over Troubled Water is my favourite duo album to hear the full power of the original version of The Boxer the thump of the drums the slide guitar. The fun sounds of Cecilia. The power of the lyrics of the title track Bridge Over Troubled Water.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 553 ]

Pelle  
Aug-15-2014, 18:23 GMT
Sweden

Surprise is my favorite,

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 552 ]

Bodo
Aug-18-2014, 06:32 GMT

I like So beautiful or so what much more than Surprise or YTO. I prefer the real instruments over Enos sounds. It is sad that Paul might never play a lot of these later songs at concerts (I think about both, Surprise and SBOSW)

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 520 ]

Page: [1] [2]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread