Start a new Thread

Bottom

HeadlineVideo: Homeward Bound Guitar Cover

Page: [1]

AuthorComment

Mike
Jul-20-2013, 23:14 GMT
USA - United Staates America

I just recently uploaded this quick attempt of covering "Homeward Bound" and I´d love to hear some feedback from you all so that I can continue improving. Maybe we can all share some of our favorite Paul Simon covers that are on YouTube as well. I know I´m nowhere near the caliber of some of the extremely talented folks that play online, but I figured we all have to start somewhere. Sharing with people and getting feedback is the best way to develop and grow, so thanks for listening!

Video link:Video: Homeward Bound Guitar Cover

Use SEND to share on Facebook or A.M.P.S

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 952 ]

Bodo
Jul-21-2013, 11:26 GMT
Austria

Well - maybe I am used to Pauls recent versions (and voice) too much, so I would suggest lowering the key a little bit. I know he originally had a capo on the 3th fret like you, but I believe today Paul is playing it with a capo on the 2nd fret. Anyway, thats just my opinion. I have a lot of respect for people recording themself and singin and sharing it... I could never do that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLVm9nWRPQM

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 944 ]

Mike  
Jul-21-2013, 17:57 GMT
USA - United Staates America

Thanks for the response Bodo! You're right about becoming used to Paul's more recent renditions of the song. I think it's amazing how great he is at constantly improving and experimenting with the classics. I've even grown to prefer Paul's new version of "Late in the Evening" (with the added Doo-Wop elements) to the original. I remember reading it somewhere before, but I completely agree with the statement that the best Paul Simon covers are done by Paul Simon himself. Thanks for listening, and I really appreciate your input. It makes the process of practicing that much more fun for me.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 934 ]

Page: [1]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread