Bottom

HeadlineLBM

Page: [1]

AuthorComment

mog
May-30-2013, 02:04 GMT
Canada

Hey hi folks,

I am going to see LBM for the 1st time in June.

Have you seen them ? How are they live ? Should I expect a very nice show ?

Use SEND to share on Facebook or A.M.P.S

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 695 ]

Scaaty  
May-30-2013, 18:12 GMT
Ireland

hi Mog,
I saw them a few years ago in Dublin, I enjoyed the show and so did a friend who didn't know much about them. Some of the songs sound to my uneducated ears a bit the same. They dont dance as energetically as they did at the original Graceland tour in the '80s ( but do any of us?)
Enjoy!!

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 669 ]

Bodo
May-30-2013, 19:52 GMT
Austria

Enjoy the show Mog.
I remember how much people enojed the fun LBM made at the London 2012 show. Well for me it was not new...but people seem to laugh a lot about the Diamonds dance.
I have a CD from them, but I can't listen to it... I guess without seeing them it is not the same, and the recorded sound (beside my sound system) can not capture the deep african voices.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 666 ]

Anthony
May-31-2013, 22:52 GMT
USA - United Staates America

Who is LBM?

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 629 ]

Brenda
May-31-2013, 23:31 GMT
Australia

Ladysmith Black Mombaza

[Like] 1 Bodo Bodo
[Reply] - [Readers: 626 ]

mog
Jul-02-2013, 01:09 GMT
Canada

Hi folks,

Went to see LBM a few days ago. It was my 1st time since 1986 ! Great show done in a church. Really enjoyed it. Lots of energy, great rhythms and entertainment (they are funny). It was something to see Shabalala in person after all these years. Was absent half of the show, resting and giving room to his children. He has 4 on the band now. Went to meet two of them for an autograph after, but it was so-so. They were nice, but obviously they do this every night in every city and it is more a routine than a true encounter.

Went also last week to see Spanish Harlem Orchestra. Another great show, really. I met for a few minutes its director Oscar Hernandez for signing their last CD 'Viva la tradicion' (co-produced by Simon btw; won a Grammy). I talked to him about The Capeman. His eyes all of sudden brighten. He asked me if I had seen the show, which I did not, but said I had the music at home. He told me that the show was magic, but it got killed (...no surprise to us). Great guy. Go see them if you have a chance. Unfortunately, they did not play Tarde en la noche.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 547 ]

Scaaty
Jul-21-2013, 09:15 GMT
Ireland

http://www.robertchristgau.com/xg/rock/simon-86.ph
p

I'm sure this article about Graceland has appeared on this site before - that's why I'm not starting a new thread, but it's worth another read - also worth reading are the authors original comments on all of of Paul Simons albums.
What I like particularly is that Robert Christgau isn't a big Paul Simon fan yet obviously admires much of his music - and this I feel makes his reviews all the more balanced & therefore interesting .

[Like] 1 Brenda Brenda
[Reply] - [Readers: 471 ]

Bodo
Jul-25-2013, 19:13 GMT
Austria

Do they sing Homeless at their shows?

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 428 ]

Erwin
Jul-25-2013, 20:10 GMT
Netherlands

They did last year...

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/ladysmith-black-mamb
azo/2012/grand-opera-house-wilmington-de-53dec745.
html

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 423 ]

Page: [1]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread