Apr-06-2013, 01:13 GMT
Netherlands

http://en.mediamass.net/people/paul-simon/highest-
paid.html

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 2835 ]

Michiel
Apr-06-2013, 01:16 GMT
Netherlands

The article is probably false... But there might be some truth in it I think... :-)

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 2835 ]

Bodo
Apr-06-2013, 08:29 GMT
Austria

Probably...

But funny.

He also owns several restaurants (the “Fat Simon Burger” chain) in Washington, a Football Team (the “Newark Heights Angels”), has launched his own brand of Vodka (Pure Wondersimon - US), and is tackling the juniors market with a top-selling perfume (With Love from Paul) and a fashion line called “Paul Simon Seduction”.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 2827 ]

Michiel  
Apr-06-2013, 08:44 GMT
Netherlands

Certainly false I mean, but probably some truth in the money figures...

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 2826 ]

Håkan
Apr-08-2013, 10:49 GMT
USA - United Staates America

Aren't all "news" on that page false?

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 2759 ]

Brenda
Apr-08-2013, 11:49 GMT
Australia

Yes ,all news on there is definitely untrue

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 2754 ]

Matthew
Apr-08-2013, 21:35 GMT
United Kingdom

I don't know where they get the information from but this site seems pretty consistent: http://www.famenetworth.com/2010/06/paul-simon-net
-worth.html

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 2742 ]

Bodo
Apr-09-2013, 12:28 GMT
Austria

I dont know why but i am pretty sure he is worth more. at least his homes and appartements are worth half of that amount. s&G earned 1 mio. $ per show in 2003/2004 so alone that income would make around 45 mio...

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 2717 ]

Matthew
Apr-10-2013, 00:56 GMT
United Kingdom

That $1 million per show thing was gross ticket sales. They wouldn't have earned anywhere near that much.

But you may be right - that site has Paul at $45 million and Art at $35 million. Surely all the writer's credits on S&G songs, his own solo work, the numerous cover versions and 20 million sales of Graceland and ROTS would amount to more than $10 million. He must have made a few dollars doing 156 shows on the 1991 tour as well.

Although he did lose $11 million on The Capeman.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 2685 ]

Richard
Apr-10-2013, 17:03 GMT
USA - Virgin Islands

If Billy Joel is worth $160 million, it seems odd that Paul would only be worth $45.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 2673 ]

Klausi
Apr-11-2013, 09:37 GMT
Germany

Simon and Garfunkel got 50 Cent per album sold, Paul 1,25 Dollars with Warners with a guarantee of about 3 Million.

He said that the Capeman has lost him personally 5 Million Dollars. One-trick-pony (the movie) was mainly financed by Warners or others.

A very important part came from song-copyrights.

In 1970 alone he was said to have made 6 Million Dollars from the song "Bridge".

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 2643 ]

Bodo
Apr-11-2013, 11:03 GMT
Austria

I am not sure what they really earned on the S&G tour, but that year they have been listed on the top 10 list.
The people from tdom once said that for a solo concert he usually wants 300.000 USD (but that was around 2002). I have no clue how concerts are really financed (a concert company in Austria was bankrupt after the biggest concert they ever organized (Rolling Stones), 5 years before that they organized the Paul Simon concert in 1991. I often wondered how Paul Simon could play in front of 3000-5000 people which are paying ~40 Euros per ticket (open air) - if you calculate the tax and all the staff costs, there would be left over nothing in the end (at least not 300.000 for Paul+Band... )
So I think this all is sponsored a lot...

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 2638 ]

Klausi
Apr-11-2013, 12:42 GMT
Germany

In 1982/1983 Simon and Garfunkel each made 250.000,- Dollars per concert, playing mainly in huge arenas.

Paul said they made a lot of many when playing in the 60`s/ 70, playing without a band until 1969.

He said he lost about 300.000,- Dollars on the One-trick-Pony tour and never made money on a tour since S&G. He refused to play big venues and was on tour with very "expensive" musicians.

Guys like Steve Gadd or Richard Tee, Mike Brecker certainly want to be paid accurately being on the road for a year. But 1991/1992 should have been very profitable.

A song played on the radio was worth 4 Euros per minute in Germany ( we then had no private radio stations )in the 70`s/80`s. And in the night, when only few people listen, it were 32 Euros per minute, because 8 stations were put together. So Bridge in the night was worth about 150 Euros each time it was played. One has to pay here for all concerts, even on the market place or in Restaurants, which are not totally private. Of course not per song but estimated and then there must be a certain key.

The Simon and Garfunkel cover bands certainly pay for them.

But I guess in many countries those fees were lower or manipulated.

In the US radio stations were private and often small.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 2637 ]

Michiel
Apr-12-2013, 08:07 GMT
Netherlands

I read above AG earnings 35 million USD, thats far too low, given that he owns a painting which is worth 32 alone, I read somewhere. And you can't take it with you....

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 2596 ]

Brenda
Apr-13-2013, 02:40 GMT
Australia

Guess no one knows how much anyone is really worth unless they have access to their financial records and do an inventory of their assets. And that is not likely to happen with either Paul or Art, or most wealthy people for that matter.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 2570 ]

Page: [1] [2]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread