Start a new Thread

Bottom

HeadlineVideo: Capeman - Public Eye

Page: [1]

AuthorComment

Marc-olivier
Jan-15-2013, 19:34 GMT
Canada

A TV special about The Capeman that I had never seen.

´Did I think that people would object to this ? No, I didn´t´

Interesting and surprising !

I am kind of revisiting The Capeman episode these days. SFTC is a stellar Simon album. Sin dudas, el tiene cojones !

Video link:Video: Capeman - Public Eye

Use SEND to share on Facebook or A.M.P.S

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 966 ]

Lina K
Jan-15-2013, 22:43 GMT
Sweden

Interesting, thanks.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 957 ]

Bodo
Jan-16-2013, 12:07 GMT
Austria

Do you people think Paul will ever agree on writing a musical again? When he did the Capeman this was a high risk and it was never commercial. Todays musicals are completely different, they glorify a band (for example We will rock you or ABBA) - what would you think about a 'Simon and Garfunkel' musical...or even a 'Graceland musical' - for sure, it would not have that much new artistical output, but I am sure such a thing would have a hughe success.
Everyone would go to Broadway and see 'Graceland - Journey to Africa' or 'Bridge over troubled water - The Musical'

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 943 ]

Richard
Jan-16-2013, 13:10 GMT
USA - Virgin Islands

Unfortunately most of the Broadway musicals that make money today are so childish, I doubt Paul could demean himself low enough to have a success. Mary Poppins? Spiderman? I don't think even "Feelin' Groovy -- the musical" would make it.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 942 ]

Matthew
Jan-16-2013, 22:08 GMT
United Kingdom

"I don't think I'm going to perform again"

except in 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012.

:) Thankfully he was wrong or else many of us would never have got the chance to see him live.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 928 ]

Bodo
Jan-17-2013, 11:40 GMT
Austria

Hi Matthew

That sentence was in the first Paul Simon interview I've ever read. Although I was a fan long before he was dead in the public in the years 1992-1997. I wasn't happy with that interview, I think it was made when the Capeman musica was already running and doing not so well...and although Paul did not mention it in any worth I had the feeling he was somehow frustrated at that point.

We should thank Bob Dylan because of the 1999 tour, I think that without Bob Paul would not have started touring at this point (maybe later)

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 906 ]

mog
Jan-17-2013, 16:04 GMT
Canada

I think things could have been different if The Capeman had been successful. Very likely that he would have performed again at one point, but maybe not as soon as 1999. The failure of Capeman rushed him to make YTO. Being Paul Simon, he was not going to accept that his career would end with a failure.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 893 ]

Matthew
Feb-07-2013, 09:39 GMT
United Kingdom

Good point - Matthew.

Don't forget 2013 (Australian tour)

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 784 ]

Page: [1]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread