Start a new Thread

Bottom

HeadlineLive rhymin´ on dvd!

Page: [1] [2] [3]

AuthorComment

Matthew  
Nov-21-2010, 13:34 GMT
United Kingdom

I really hope you are right. Let´s hope this title is given a release like the Genesis DVD (the only title bound by the Pioneer contract that has yet to make it to DVD) rather than all the others.

This is what it says on Wikipedia: During the late 1980s, Pioneer signed contracts with major music artists, such as Madonna, Janet Jackson, and others, to release their concerts on Laserdisc only through Pioneer. To this date, the contracts are still standing, and the concerts have not been re-released on DVD by Pioneer or others. An exception is the Genesis Laserdisc of "The Way We Walk" , which was released to DVD in October 2002, under the Pioneer label

Note that it says that the artists signed the contracts - not their labels - and they are all big hitters: Madonna, Janet Jackson, etc.

If that is true, and CP91 is affected by this contract as I believe it is, only Pioneer can release the title on DVD - not Sony, Warner or anyone else. Warner were only allowed to release it on VHS because that is an analogue format.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 420 ]

Tony Rees
Jan-15-2019, 04:52 GMT
Australia

Not a DVD, but when the 2013 CD box set "The Complete Albums Collection" was released, the "Live Rhymin'" CD included 2 extra tracks (details in the booklet, not the facsimile of the LP cover included with the CD). They are "Koadachrome" and "Something So Right", I am guessing recorded at the same concert... so, nice to have the additional tracks anyway. Cheers - Tony

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 322 ]

Page: [1] [2] [3]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread