Start a new Thread

Bottom

HeadlineLive rhymin´ on dvd!

Page: [1] [2] [3]

AuthorComment

kris
Nov-15-2010, 11:33 GMT
Denmark

Can´t wait for the live rhymin´ dvd! a Paul Simon concert we have never seen before with him in his prime. although i am also very excited about the Concert In The Park finally out on dvd, this is more exciting to me. Has anyone ever seen filmed footage of the live rhymin´ tour?

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1098 ]

Forum guest
Nov-15-2010, 13:33 GMT
United Kingdom

I´m re-reading that initial press comment again - does it actually say that Live Rhyming will be on DVD?? The comment "both on record and DVD" could just attach to Concert in Central Park.

Would Love to see it though, there is a film/video of Sound of Silence which VHS used to show with Paul in his LR white suit so lets hope there is a whole concert ready to come out.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1097 ]

kris
Nov-15-2010, 16:10 GMT
Denmark

yes, according to several websites it says that both the live rhymin´ and the Concert In The Park will be released on dvd in 2011. could this be a mistake, cause´ i´ve never heard that the live rhymin´ tour was being filmed?!

Wambaugh
Nov-15-2010, 17:52 GMT
United Kingdom

The wording really does leave it open to interpretation. I guess I´d probably err on the side of it not being released, as it seems unlikely it was recorded and is in fit state to release.

Ian
Nov-15-2010, 19:03 GMT
USA - United Staates America

There was indeed a Live Rhymin´ era recording available in the UK in 1983. I already mentioned some time ago that I bought a magazine with all the available VHS music titles current as of 1983. As well as ´Live at the Tower´ and ´The Concert in Central Park´ there was a title called simply ´Paul Simon in Concert 1974´. Surely someone bought a copy of it back then. I would have but I was only 16 and didn´t have access to that kind of money:( Actually,back then you couldn´t buy pre-recorded video tapes,especially ones released by Warners. I had to pay $50 to get a copy of CP81 sent from Brisbane. For that price I got to keep it for five days,and I´ll admit that I dubbed a copy of it while I had it. How things have changed.

Jose Maria
Nov-15-2010, 19:58 GMT
Germany

Live Rhymin´ Tour was footaged. In fact the video of "The Sound Of Silence" song from that recording was used on US TV to promote some Simon compilations long time ago and also it was aired by VH1 many years ago too. In fact I (and many other Old fans) have got that video in an excellent quality (nowadays also on mpg file).

Wambaugh
Nov-15-2010, 20:23 GMT
United Kingdom

That´s very interesting, Jose Maria & Ian. I guess they could well be releasing a DVD then.

I found the clip Jose Maria was talking about on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcNyNC-Os54
Great stuff!

Forum guest
Nov-15-2010, 21:58 GMT

I can´t believe Paul will release a DVD of him wearing that suit! I remember reading an interview where he said he would never do that again!

Ian
Nov-16-2010, 00:27 GMT

Yeah,that suit was am unfortunate decision,but it was the 70´s after all. You can´t fault the music though. There´s a real warmth to the acoustic guitar sound-you can hear Paul´s fingernails ticking on the strings at times. I think microphone recording of guitars to be superior to pickups and DI-ing. Was Live Rhymin´ remastered in 2004 with the other studio albums?

Wambaugh
Nov-16-2010, 00:48 GMT
United Kingdom

No, the live albums haven´t been remastered & it doesn´t look like they will be this time around.

kris
Nov-16-2010, 01:18 GMT
Denmark

thanks for all of your answers! now i´m slightly more optimistic. and the youtube clip gives me some hope. now we at least know that there were filmed footage of the tour, so i guess that it is very possible for a dvd release.

Joey
Nov-16-2010, 01:26 GMT
Canada

Wambaugh,

I´m not sure the press release language can be definitively read one way or the other. Doesn´t seem as if work has begun yet in any case. It´s probably too soon to tell what will become of the live concerts.

Brenda
Nov-16-2010, 09:53 GMT
Australia

wambaugh,thank you for the great video clip. I had never seen it before. It is a treasure!

Matthew  
Nov-17-2010, 15:56 GMT
United Kingdom

I really hope there is a DVD of Live Rhymin´ - the full concert too - not the reduced playlist on the original vinyl.

That video clip is funny because it looks just like I imagined it from the cover.

Kuno  
Nov-17-2010, 18:19 GMT
Switzerland

Hehe, look at Pauls puffy eyes in that clip (about 2:30 to 3:00).

Say what you want, I´m sure this guy "smoked himself a J" before the concert, lol.

BTW: this clip is from a different show than the one that was used for the CD.. so if the DVD is really happening, it will be a whole "new" show for us to enjoy.

Page: [1] [2] [3]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread