Start a new Thread

Bottom

HeadlinePaul simon tour

Page: [1]

AuthorComment

Forum guest
Apr-18-2010, 19:13 GMT
Canada

I am researching when Paul Simon came to calgary in the late 1980´s My friend doesn´t believe that he came to Calgary and I need verification. Anyone..Jeannette

Use SEND to share on Facebook or A.M.P.S

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 524 ]

Forum guest
Apr-18-2010, 22:16 GMT
Canada

What I hear you saying is that you like to be right. Is that correct?
Kandi

nancy
Apr-19-2010, 04:28 GMT
USA - United Staates America

If you ask that question on the Artie site, someone will be able to tell you that I think. There is a Paul Simon thread there.

Mimi
Apr-19-2010, 06:46 GMT
Austria

If you go to the "LIVE" section here, you can find a list of the the different tours with dates and locations. I don´t know if it´s 100% accurate, but most of it is pretty reliable.

Bodo
Apr-19-2010, 09:09 GMT
Austria

http://www.paul-simon.info/PHP/listconcerts.php?id
_city=294&tour=-3&id_country=13

Calgary

Bodo
Apr-19-2010, 09:25 GMT
Austria

>If you ask that question on the Artie
>site, someone will be able to tell
>you that I think. There is a Paul
>Simon thread there.

???

Nancy, that sounds somehow very strange what you wrote, and it leads to some big missunderstanding on my side - what do you want to say with that message?

More Paul Simon experts on a Art Garfunkel page than on a Paul Simon page?
Do they have a database with 1100 concert entries, and you can select by year, country, tour and city?
Better go to the AG page if you have a serious question?

Wow.

Anyway, I found no entry for Calgary except 2010. The concert lists for the 1980´s tours are very well known, so I would say there was no ´normal sceduled´ concert there.

There are plenty of unknown venues in the 60´s, because there existe no lists on paper (or T-shirts)..whatever - sometimes people just find a ticket stub or a single advertisement for 1 show. But a ´new unknown´ date in the 1980´s would be a Surprise.

Forum guest
Apr-19-2010, 20:23 GMT
USA - United Staates America

I am sorry, Bodo.that came out differently than I intended. I just meant that if he
Couldn´ find what he looking for, there are a couple of people who have attended concerts I haven´t heard of. Of course your site has a gigantic amount of info - certainly Art´s site can´t begin to contain the amount of info that you have collected. I am very sorry.....I didn´t mean to offend. I always appreciate the info on this site - I have learned much more here about Paul than on Art´s site. Again....I am sorry. .....I didn´t realize how stupid and hurtful that sounded......my bad. ...nancy

Forum guest
Apr-19-2010, 21:56 GMT
Canada

My friend is a real music fan; and he researched it and doesn´t believe me. I remember it well because our may was Al Duer, and Paul and his band sang "You Can Call Me Al" twice, it was a fantastic concert. I am stumped.
Jeannette

Forum guest
Apr-19-2010, 21:57 GMT
Canada

Kandi;
HJ, Correct.
Jeannette

Bodo
Apr-22-2010, 11:44 GMT
Austria

Hello

I have to judge myself in that thread too, because I did not believe Jeanette. I thought the tours since Graceland are very well documented, and no concets should be missing on these lists. Usually it also is complete, comared to the 60´s concert dates.
Anyway, after writting that I realized that our own home concert from 1991 in Imst in Austria also was not included on that list, and I have add it somewhen 5-6 years ago.

When Jeannette mentioned that YCCMA was played 2 times I thought it only could have been in 1991 - and when looking trough the 1991 dates I saw that there is indeed a time gap when Paul played in the northwest of America.

Jan 02 1991
Tacoma - USA / Washington
Tacoma Dome

Jan 09 1991
Vancouver - Canada
Pacific Coliseum

Jan 10 1991
Portland - USA / Oregon
Memorial Coliseum

Jan 13 1991
Oakland - USA / California
Coliseum Arena

Calgary could have been one of the first shows from the Born At The Right Time tour. As the tour started on January 2 in Tacoma/Washington and there is a gap of 1 week until the next show in Vancouver/Canada.
After that Paul played concerts nearly every 2 or 3 days. So a concert in Calgary between January 3 and 8 would make sense in therms of time and place.

Unfortunately we can not find any info on the web, but maybe people who visit the S&G show in Calgary also visited the 1991 Paul Simon show and know more.

For my own home concert in Imst I had more luck, the concert management company still exists, and they have a page with all their concert dates (although you have to click trough 5 archives until you get back till 1991)
http://www.riha.bz/artclub/german/history/history0
1.htm#1991

dave
May-28-2018, 23:54 GMT
Canada

A can corroborate Jeanette's story - I wasn't there, but my friend Bob was and he told me about this fantastic concert where Paul Simon sang "You Can Call Me Al" twice. He had promised Mayor Al Duerr to wear a white stetson cowboy hat (Calgary's official hat) while playing the song. He forgot the first time, then put on the hat and played it again!

Sorry I'm so late to the conversation, but hopefully Jeanette can rest easy now. If you want further verification, PM me.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 444 ]

dave
May-29-2018, 00:07 GMT
Canada

Further info, finally found the concert date here: http://rocktourdatabase.com/concerts/paul-simon-17

January 6, 1991. Attendance: 15,239. Venue: Calgary Olympic Saddledome.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 441 ]

Page: [1]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread