toki71 
Sep-17-2003, 20:46 GMT
IP:
Unknown

Copy this link:

http://www.jpc.de/jpcdb/frames/jpcset.html?hnum=53
83768&iampartner=pevita&maktion=artikel&am
p;msparte=pop&language=de

You can hear some scraps of Tom & Jerry (for free). Some songs are really nice, others are ... well ... "interesting" ;-)
Many songs are new for me - it´s like a S&G happy-romantic-teenager-doo-wop-rock-album.

1. Dream alone
2. Beat Love
3. Beat love (with harmony)
4. Just a boy
5. Play me a sad song
6. It means a lot to them
7. Flame
8. Shy
9. The lone teen ranger
10. Hey Schoolgirl
11. Our Song
12. That´s my story
13. Teenage fool
14. Tia - Juana blues
15. Dancin´ wild
16. Don´t say goodbye
17. Two teenagers
18. True or false
19. Simon says

Use SEND to share on Facebook or A.M.P.S

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 413 ]

toki71 
Sep-28-2003, 14:47 GMT
IP:
Unknown

For all those people who think Simon and Garfunkel started as a folk act like in Wednesday Morning, 3 a.m.: Totally wrong! They were rock n´ rollers before!

The CD is just for fans, of course, but there is some really rare stuff on it. (I had a grin on my face most of the time listening to it.)
The sound quality of the solo work is quite good. The 1950´s duo-songs have a poor sound quality.

The Surprise: Two solo songs beautifully sung and WRITTEN by Artie in 1959 (Dream Alone, Beat Love).

A lot of Paul Simon songs (without Garfunkel) that are either funny (Shy, reminds me of Marylin Monroe somehow), romantic (Just A Boy, Play Me A Sad Song, Flame) or dancable (The Lone Teen Ranger).

There are also Simon and Garfunkel COMPOSITIONS: Hey Schoolgirl, Our Song, That´s My Story, Dancin´ Wild (I forgive them, they were young and didn´t know better ;-)

Other songs: Two Teenagers (Everly Brothers-Style)
True or False (Paul singing like Elvis and Buddy Holly)

You will see them differently after you listened to this CD.

toki71 
Sep-28-2003, 15:34 GMT
IP:
Unknown

When I listen to Teenage Fool I realize:
Paul Simon is Elvis Presley!

I seem to be the only one who´s interested in this CD, or doesn´t the link work?

The name of the CD is:
Paul Simon & Art Garfunkel
Tom Jerry
Superior, SU 29024
(P)(C) 2002 Digimode Entertainment Ltd. UK
Licensed from: NMC Ltd.

The Cover is dark red, with small pictures of Art´s and Paul´s eyes.

Bodo
Sep-28-2003, 18:23 GMT
IP:
Unknown

<I seem to be the only one who´s
<interested in this CD, or doesn´t the
<link work?

..but a lot of people have these CD´s as they can be bought at nearly every special CD store.
For more of these CD´s look into the ´Bootleg´ or ´CD Covers´ section of this page. ;-)

Ans Koenen
Sep-28-2003, 19:05 GMT
IP:
Unknown

I listened too it but its not my style of music.
You have too listen real carefully too hear Paul´s voice, I recognized it when I got too song 4. I saw this CD in the store too and listened there a few songs but never bought it.

Amber
Oct-06-2003, 00:09 GMT
IP:
Unknown

I have bought this cd this year in the States and I Love it!
My cd has exactly the same numbers as your version but has a different cover. It is grey and it has a big picture of Paul and Art in the front. The title of this cd is Two can dream alone.
I have the other version as well, the one with the red cover and the eyes. When I came home with the cd with the red cover ( i bought it a few months ago ) it was a disappointment that I already had that cd!!
However; the title of the cd with the red cover is not correct; it says:

Paul Simon & Art Garfunkel
Tom & Jerry
But not all songs are tom and jerry songs, they were Recorded As Jerry Landis, Tom Graph, Tom & Jerry, Artie Garr and True Taylor.

Also in the booklet of the cd I bought in the States, there are pictures of some kind of contracts that read:

rider annexed to artist recording agreement.

dated august 1, 1959

We are the mother and father and natural guardians of Arthur garfunkel,known professionally as Tom Graph, as infant under the age of 21 years, and we have read the recording agreement between Art Garfunkel and United Telefilm records Inc. blablablablabla....

It is really funny to see, too bad there is no contract included from pauls parents!!

Amber

Page: [1]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread