Bottom

HeadlineCan someone stop this guy?

Page: [1]

AuthorComment

Bodo 
Sep-15-2003, 11:15 GMT
IP:
Unknown

Asked whether they had plans to hit the studio again, Garfunkel said the two of them were focused on the current tour, but admitted the thought had crossed his mind, perhaps "down the line."

Use SEND to share on Facebook or A.M.P.S

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 449 ]

Bodo
Sep-15-2003, 12:02 GMT
IP:
Unknown

a new mind-control machine and overtaken Paul´s brain?
:-/

Nathgertsch
Sep-15-2003, 18:33 GMT
IP:
Unknown

...but Paul should learn to say no sometimes ! Or did he finally forget his future new album ? BTW, he didn´t say some months earlier there was no rush to become friend with Art again ? :-)

Nathalie

ans koenen
Sep-15-2003, 19:47 GMT
IP:
Unknown

Hopefully this machine stops working at the end of the tour. But the chance of a worldtour will be smaller then.
I also hope that he will someday soon starts working on his new album again (without Art please).

miriam 
Sep-16-2003, 19:29 GMT
IP:
Unknown

I hope you won´t kill me, but somehow I like the idea of a new S&G album... ;-)

Liz 
Sep-16-2003, 19:58 GMT
IP:
Unknown

What do you mean can someone stop him??? Have you all gone mad???? The Simon and Garfunkel legacy is absolutely amazing! When I was little, I used to dream that I would grow up and become very rich- with the sole purpose of using that money to bribe Simon and Garfunkel to get back together and play ?The Boxer? for me in my room.

Their harmony is truly heavenly, and I actually started crying when I skipped class to watch them on Good Morning America on Monday morning, and also when they performed on the Letterman show last Friday. Their music is incredible; from the varied styles to the amazing lyrics and harmonies. If they are able to recapture the magic of their amazing 5 albums and create a new album, I will be blissfully happy to add it to my collection!!!

Their music touches people in amazing ways? their songs embody the American dream, the Tenderness of Love, and so many other human qualities and characteristics in such a poetic and poignant way. They are both so talented in their own rights, but together they are truly miraculous.

I am shocked and appalled that anyone would ever suggest that Art has ?overtaken Paul´s brain?. Paul said himself on Monday that the reason they split up, in one word, was EGO. Yes, Paul?s solo career was very successful, and I could not possibly live without Graceland or Neg. and Love songs. But Bookends, Bridge, Sounds, Parsley, and Wednesday? within those extraordinary is a whole other dimension of musical brilliance. In my opinion, Simon and Garfunkel created the greatest music of all time.

Marieno 
Sep-17-2003, 08:30 GMT
IP:
Unknown

My new petition for Paul: please, don´t make an album with Garfunkel!
Marie-Noëlle.
PS: you´re right Liz, S&G´s harmonies WERE beautiful, but for me, it´s in the past; i discovered Paul Simon as a part of S&G but i became a fan when i heard "50 ways", "Still crazy" and the Graceland album; it was THE REAL Paul Simon...

Nathgertsch
Sep-17-2003, 09:22 GMT
IP:
Unknown

I have first discovered S&G with the Concert in CP when I was 13 and I must admit it was wonderful : I bought all their albums but as I was a real fan and really curious to hear more, I´ve started to buy Paul´s solo album too and it appeared to me Paul really didn´t need Art to produce extraordinary songs too. With Graceland and ROTS, the Proof was evident ;-) and it were albums he couldn´t have made with Art AT ALL. Now that I am 34, I´m more and more convinced Paul has nothing to win singing with Art again except maybe an other notority and some more money but if it´s just for those 2 reasons they tour again (because, ok, they can be friends again and I won´t complain about that and they can even sing again together for a while if they feel so but is it necessary to ask their fans so much money to hear them having fun on stage and is it really necessary to make a new album together ???) so, I´m really disappointed and even more thinking Paul´s solo work will be put apart and for how long ? ...

Nathalie.

Bodo
Sep-17-2003, 09:46 GMT
IP:
Unknown

became a fan during the ROTS tour, but only had Graceland and ROTS album, for years I even didn´t connect S&G and Paul Simon - their music was too different.

Now I don´t want to loos my star :-(
I was so happy with Father and daughter, expected a new album soon...and now??
Now he´s sitting their with his Old partner, the 10 Trick Pony ;-)

ans koenen
Sep-17-2003, 17:12 GMT
IP:
Unknown

When I was young I heard their music on the radio and I thought it was nice.
But when I heard Graceland and later ROTS,
that music was so great and after his concert in CP I began too collect his earlier solowork. I have some CD´s from S&G too but mostly listen too his solowork. That´s the real Paul Simon too me.

Well, everyone has his own Star(s).

miriam 
Sep-17-2003, 19:58 GMT
IP:
Unknown

I couldn´t have said it better myself!
Come on guys, don´t paint it all black :-)

I have a very deep emotional relationship with the music of S&G for personal reasons.I´ve been listening to them since I was 9. Their music is and has always been there for me, especially when I´m sad.
I´ve discovered Paul´s music much later.
His music touches me intellectually and it´s special for its own reasons; but sometimes emotions are stronger than intellect, and same goes for S&G. Their music means more to me than any other music ever will - even though I really admire Paul´s solo work, his ability to experiment with different music styles etc.

Last night I watched Central Park ´81 again and I thought: Oh dear, how I wish to see these two together, doing magic, just one time!

I´m sure Paul will continue his solo career when he feels like doing so. In the meantime we should be happy about the S&G reunion. And a new album - well, I don´t really believe in it - but it would be very interesting and exciting to hear 10 or 12 new songs, sung by these great two voices... Just *my* two cents of course :-)

Bodo
Sep-20-2003, 00:00 GMT
IP:
Unknown

...first with all the new S&G videos, and then the Father and daughter clip´s...

I like the S&G songs, but after 6 songs (with the SOS Grammy clip) it´s so refreshing and enjoyable to watch the Father and Daughter video, with his nice melody, tricky guitar riffs and Steve Gadd´s drumms. I just then realized how more I Love Paul´s music than the Old S&G songs. They are nice that´s true, and they sound soooo sweet. But they are also very simple, too simple...after 4 songs I know how the next will sound like.

It´s Paul doing a Gospel song, then a Reggae, an African Rhythm, a Drumm song, a Jazz song, 1 or 2 solo songs on the Guitar...then a Brazil percussion set, and ending with a Folk song.
I don´t know any other Artist who can do that, U2, REM, Stones, James Taylor...whatever you like, their songs sound always the same.

And I hope Paul will do something NEW in the future... and not recording a 60´s album which can´t top any of their 5 S&G albums. As Paul said, Bridge was their best album - everything made now with S&G is only for nostalgic reasons.

Nathgertsch
Sep-20-2003, 09:16 GMT
IP:
Unknown

Yes, you are so right : the big "problem" with S&G is that after many songs, you realize it´s almsot always the same even if they can have wonderful songs and if they mix their voice so well, no doubt about that. Paul was able (and I hope he´s still able !) to Surprise us with each new album : it was always so different even if it was always him and that´s something very rare among the other bands or singers.
That´s why I´m a bit afraid too the tour could be "boring" added to the fact that there won´t be any new songs. Unless, Paul can still surprise us there, even with Art by his side... :-)

Nathalie

ans koenen
Sep-20-2003, 12:56 GMT
IP:
Unknown

Well, I hope so because i´m afraid that he will be bored at the tour. Always standing stil next too Art. He is used now too move around the stage.
He had so much fun at his last tour.

Page: [1]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread