HeadlineFlight to the States for Concert

Page: [1]

AuthorComment

Mark 
Sep-01-2003, 17:54 GMT
IP:
Unknown

Hi Bodo,

I don´t really think I´d take a flight to the states to see a S&G show with the Everly Brothers. Generally I think we should all wait and see if these shows are gonna happen at all. And by the way I prefer to see Paul alone on stage. Paul and Art just don´t sound that great together anymore. I mean if we´re all objektiv. And I´d be surprised if Paul would suddenly decide to tour with Art after all that trouble they went thru in the past years. Saying that it was no fun for him anymore. I certainly don´t stop anyone from going to a show in the states but you should be aware of the thing that the shows are very different there. Seats, no dancing etc. And somehow I believe that Art is gonna slow down Paul´s "speed". Not only musically but interms of his stage behaviour. I for myself wouldn´t spend that much money for a show of S&G. And who the hell wanted to see the Everly Brothers after such a long time? I feel like they try to push their career with Pauls name.

Use SEND to share on Facebook or A.M.P.S

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 462 ]

Bodo
Sep-02-2003, 09:55 GMT
IP:
Unknown

The most things you say are absolut right.
(Except the Everly Brothers thing, because S&G invented them)
For me also Paul Simon solo is much better, but I don´t want to say: "Yes they toured together in 2003 for the last time, but I missed it" in a few years.

Now for me it looks as if the tour´s gona happen. The info on the everly site is very exact - and the pictures Paul and Art made in a park in NY a month ago....

However, it would be much better if they could come to Europe - but Paul´s management is so slow...I sometimes think they even don´t know what dates Paul has the next day...if they just could say "Yes and in 2004 we are thinking of a worldwide tour" I would be happy (and don´t have to fly to the staates and tell the security guys at the airports my whole life-story ;-)

Julie
Sep-02-2003, 10:17 GMT
IP:
Unknown

Recieved this, this morning from the official Everly site. As you can see it mentions only touring in major USA cities.......no European ones.

This is the beginning of a 2-page letter we recently mailed out to Fan
Club members:

"Don and Phil - The Everly Brothers - will be the "Special Guests"
during the upcoming Simon and Garfunkel tour in The United States.
Rehearsals for the tour will be held on October 14th and 15th in
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania with a full dress rehearsal performance on
the 16th. The tour starts October 18th in Detroit, Michigan and there
will be shows in major cities throughout the USA - including Madison
Square Garden in New York City - with the tour ending just before
Christmas in Miami, Florida.

The complete tour schedule was going to be finalized last week but it´s
still being worked on."

Bodo
Sep-02-2003, 11:47 GMT
IP:
Unknown

but it could be in the future.
However I don´t count on that, maybe Paul has enough after some weeks with Art ;-)

But together with the Everly Brothers will only be in the USA I guess (also Bob or Brian Wilson never came to Europe with Paul..)

So, will the tickets get more expensive because of the special guest Everly Brothers?
Rehearsals only 2 days for the full tour? Paul and Art should take a few days more IMO.

Do you think that Paul will also play some solo stuff?

Page: [1]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread