Bottom

HeadlineEdie Brickell´s new album

Page: [1]

AuthorComment

marieno 
Jul-30-2003, 19:26 GMT
IP:
Unknown

"Rush around", the new Edie´s album will be soon released. You can listen the title song on ediebrickell.com.

Use SEND to share on Facebook or A.M.P.S

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 587 ]

Nathgertsch
Jul-31-2003, 10:24 GMT
IP:
Unknown

Is Paul involved in this new album ?

Bodo
Jul-31-2003, 10:42 GMT
IP:
Unknown

Hi Nathalie, how have you been?
Did you hear that paul will not tour now with Artie (or yet?)

Nathgertsch
Jul-31-2003, 18:20 GMT
IP:
Unknown

I´m fine, thanks ! (but I would have prefered to be back with good news and I´m not talking about Paul but about Bertrand Cantat, singer of that great French group Noir Désir for those who know and for the tragedy that has happened to him). Is it really sure now that Paul won´t tour with Art or is it one more rumour? That makes me feel much better :-)

Nathalie

marieno
Jul-31-2003, 18:49 GMT
IP:
Unknown

Hello Nath!!! i don´t believe that Paul is involved in Edie´s new album; I heard that Charlie Sexton has produced some songs.
For the rumour of a S&G tour, i´m like you, i feel relieved (sorry for the tour supporters!), but wait and see...
In the "Cantat affair", i think it´s especially a tragedy for Marie.

Nathgertsch
Aug-01-2003, 09:20 GMT
IP:
Unknown

A tragedy for everybody in fact and that´s why it´s so terrible.
About Edie : I have tried to listen to her song on the site but it doesn´t work. I can´t have the access :-(

Bodo
Aug-01-2003, 11:30 GMT
IP:
Unknown

Could that also maybe a reason that Paul can´t go on tour with Art, because he has to stay home with the children - to support Edie´s career a little bit.

Julie
Aug-01-2003, 14:55 GMT
IP:
Unknown

You might be right. Even if she doesn´t go on tour she´ll probably be promoting the album which is bound to involve travelling around.

marieno 
Aug-01-2003, 21:15 GMT
IP:
Unknown

Edie: "Paul,i must go to promote my new album, so, stay home, take care to the children: check Adrian and Lulu´s homework, play baseball with Gabriel, and, first of all, don´t hang about the roads with this tall guy...Artie Something... what´s his name?"

Bodo 
Aug-01-2003, 23:26 GMT
IP:
Unknown

yeah...that could have been happen :-)

Nathgertsch
Aug-02-2003, 09:24 GMT
IP:
Unknown

And I´m even sure Paul doesn´t have the right to complain ! LOL !

jerry
Aug-29-2003, 10:05 GMT
IP:
Unknown

Go to http://www.bodyofwater.com/edie/ for details.

jerry
Aug-29-2003, 10:09 GMT
IP:
Unknown

EDIE BRICKELL?S FIRST ALBUM IN 10 YEARS
EAGERLY AWAITED VOLCANO TO BE RELEASED OCTOBER 14 ON CHERRY/UNIVERSAL

From the moment she begins singing on her much-anticipated new album, Edie Brickell?s voice is instantly familiar, even after a ten-year break from recording. The quirky phrasing of the vocals and the introspective, narrative quality of the lyrics are unmistakably Edie. The opening track simultaneously makes clear that Volcano is unlike any of her previous recordings. A simply arranged, rootsy waltz that features Edie singing and accompanying herself on guitar, the song epitomizes the album: a powerfully immediate, distinctively solo effort on which she is the only vocalist and plays guitar throughout.

After achieving fame and success in the late 1980s as the lead singer of the platinum-selling folk-rock group The New Bohemians, Edie settled down in the `90s to have children and enjoy a family life. But her passion for music and songwriting was unrelenting; new melodies and lyrics kept coming to her. She undertook intensive guitar lessons, enabling herself for the first time in her career to write songs without the help of outside musicians.

When she had written enough songs and was ready to record, Edie reached fellow native Texan Charlie Sexton to produce the album with her. An accomplished songwriter himself who has also worked with Alejandro Escovedo, Lucinda Williams, Jimmy Vaughan and others, Sexton brought, above all, a shared sensibility that translates into a feeling of spaciousness and an unhurried pace in the music.

These values are equally audible in the songwriting, which is strengthened, as ever, by Edie?s singular knack for storytelling. The album?s title track combines her warm acoustic guitar and keen narrative sense with Sexton?s signature electric blues riffs. ?Take a Walk??an invitation to turn off the TV and head for Central Park?is propelled by walks up and down the fretboard. Another highlight is ?I?d Be Surprised,? which begins with a progression of quiet jazz chords and builds to an electric, rock-tinged climax.

For more information, please contact Carla Sacks or Blake Zidell at
Sacks & Co., 212.741.1000, [email protected] or [email protected].

Page: [1]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread